Market competitive remuneration with Flexible work arrangements
The company is a boutique chartered accounting practice specializing in business services and taxation. Due to high demand and business growth, they are currently looking for an intermediate accountant to join their team.
- Monthly accounts and reports: bank reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliations, journal entries, management highlights and anomalies/variance analysis
- Payroll functions and compliance
- Preparation and lodgement of IAS, BAS, annual GST, FBT
- Preparation of financial accounts and company tax returns, including reconciliation of intercompany loans, Div.7A compliance, dividends statement and minutes, franking credits and movements
- Income tax return preparation, including schedules of capital gain, cost base adjustment, rental income, foreign income, tax offset, trust distribution, etc.
- Processing of Superannuation fund financial statement, income tax return and documentation in compliance with SISA 1993
- Audit assistance for Superannuation, including verification of income, assets and liabilities
- Liaising with stakeholders including ATO, clients, auditors, other professionals and government agencies
- Client assistance with earning management, recharges, cashflow forecast and tax estimate
- Research with reference to original ruling and legal cases
- Assistance to SMSF financial advisors with annual account and compliance
- Other client-customized matters e.g. capital gains, negative gearing, depreciation
- Superannuation estate planning
- Software experience: BGL, Class, MYOB, Xero
To be successful in the role you will need 2-4 years of work experience in a business services environment and are either about to start or currently undertaking the CA/CPA program.
The candidate will also need a willingness to learn in a friendly environment.