An exciting opportunity for a Accounts Payable Officer
to join our leading Mining client on a part-time basis in a friendly and rewarding work environment. Due to an increase in workload and company growth, a temporary position is available with an immediate start. Ideally, you will be experienced with Pronto software and have 3 years of proven experience and knowledge in accounts payable. You will pride yourself on being able to work closely and build rapport with The Financial Controller, Management, and external stakeholders and have keen attention to detail. Key responsibilities:
You will have:
- Process AP invoices accurately, on time, in accordance with the accounting and company policies.
- Reconcile AP month-end account items supported by appropriate comments.
- Resolve discrepancies within invoices and attend to queries from suppliers.
- Review credit notes and ensure that they are matched to short payments and / or processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Look after vendor statements reconciliation to ensure that all aged items are addressed and followed through to resolution.
- Assist with end of month expense claims and reimbursements
- Perform General ledger reconciliation.
- Assist in other areas of the business as required.
How to apply
- Proven experience and knowledge within the mining industry is desirable.
- Experience with Pronto software and proficient with Microsoft Office; Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Tertiary degree in accounting preferred ideally with at least 3 years of Accounts Payable experience with exposure to vendor statement reconciliation.
- Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures.
- Strong work ethic, good sense of urgency with a positive can-do attitude.
To be considered for this position APPLY NOW
or forward an updated Resume to email@example.com . If this position isn't quite right and you would like a confidential discussion about your next career decision please contact Amy Robertson,
Recruitment Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 08 6363 7040.
Our mission is to change the lives of the people we place and empower the clients we partner with. Our strength is our difference in our people and we encourage applicants from a diverse background to apply.