The Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (ODPP) is a critical participant in the administration of justice within Western Australia, providing an independent and effective criminal prosecution and confiscation services.
As part of the Finance Services Team, the Accounts Payable Officer provides efficient and effective service in maintaining the Accounts Payable System and undertakes a range of Finance related activities to support the delivery of customer focussed and detailed financial support to the ODPP.
We are looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Officer who has the upmost confidence and ability to demonstrate their skills in the following:
- Ability to manage and create key relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in managing travel cards, credit cards and multiple transactions
- Sound knowledge of Accounts Payable Systems or willingness to learn such systems
- A solid understanding of accounting concepts and principles
- Experience in procurement and contract administration
- Up to date knowledge of the Financial Management Act and Treasurers instruction
- An understanding of spending rules and processes
- Ability to undertake payroll processes as required
As this is a fast moving and busy role, you will be required to work accurately and efficiently. The desire to work above and beyond for both internal and external stakeholders of various levels will also be highly regarded. Your capability to adapt to change, work autonomously and apply your prior knowledge on various financial matters will enable you to broaden your knowledge and ensure success in your future development. Want to know more?
If this sounds like you, you are encouraged to contact Leighton Beeck, Manager Finance on (08) 9425 3936 to find out more about the role (not to be contacted for Job Application Packages or assistance with lodging your application).
There is one permanent full time vacancy available for immediate filling, other suitable applicants will be placed in a recruitment pool. This pool will run for a period of twelve months and may be used to fill fixed-term and permanent full time and part time vacancies if they arise and subject to business needs.
Suitable applicants may be considered for other similar vacancies arising during the six months following the completion of the recruitment and selection process. COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for WA workforces
Applicants are advised that as part of the WA Government wide mandate and ODPP's duty of care towards our workforce, along with members of the community, all future employees will be required to be fully vaccinated.
To be considered for employment in a role with ODPP, applicants will need to provide evidence of their vaccination status. You can find more information in relation to the Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces. Ready to apply?
The Job Description Forms and our Job Application Package is attached here to assist you in the preparation of your application.
Please lodge your application online by clicking on the "Apply for Job" button on the advertisement.
Initially please submit the following to be considered for the role:
- A completed online Application Form including details of two current or recent referees including a current or recent supervisor.
- A comprehensive resume/CV contextualised to the position and the work-related requirements as listed in the Job Description Form; and
- A two-page statement addressing the statement below in the context of the Work Related Requirements of the Job Description Form:
- Ability to effectively maintain an efficient and effective Accounts Payable service, providing support to payroll and contracts administration in compliance with relevant legislation. Demonstrated skills in managing internal and external customers and proven ability to work effectively with computerised accounting systems.
Please ensure you have plenty of time to submit your application to allow for unanticipated problems, as late and proforma applications will not be accepted.
If you are experiencing difficulties accessing the Job Application Package or lodging your application, please contact the Human Resources Officer on (08) 9425 3989.
The work-related requirements for the role will be assessed throughout the selection process. A variety of assessment methodologies may be used throughout the recruitment process, including but not limited to skills assessments, aptitude testing, interview/s and referee checks. Please note:
Interviews may be undertaken virtually via MS teams or similar in the event of a lockdown or similar restrictions. ABOUT US
For further information about the ODPP, please refer to the attached Job Application Package and the ODPP website: www.dpp.wa.gov.au.
The ODPP is an equal opportunity employer, we recognise the value that people of diverse backgrounds bring to the workforce. We are committed to improving employment opportunities and outcomes through the recruitment, development and retention of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people, people with disability, women, people of diverse sexualities and genders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
If you have any access needs that may require adjustments to the application or interview process, including alternate methods of communication, please contact us at email@example.com or call (08) 9425 - 3989. We encourage applicants to visit the Jobs and Skills WA website or call 13 64 64 for assistance with preparing your application, finding employment and career progression. BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH THE ODPP
In addition to working with a team of highly skilled, dedicated and valued employees, you will be rewarded with:
- Flexible work practices including working from home
- Access to generous leave arrangements including paid parental leave and the opportunity to purchase additional leave each year
- Parent and wellbeing facilities to support parents returning from parental leave
- Opportunities to attend a range of internal and external learning and development seminars;
- Annual leave loading
- Access to a range of social and employee wellness events and programs
- Central Perth location with easy access to Public Transport
- End of Trip facilities.
Refer to the Public Sector CSA General Agreement 2021 and the Public Service Award 1992 for the complete list of entitlements and benefits.
We look forward to receiving your application. Closing Date: Friday 3 June 2022 at 4:00pm