Primary responsibilities include processing Accounts Receivable (AR) transactions to include: payment application, invoicing, collections, journal entries, reconciliations and reporting. Assists the Accounts Receivable Manager in processing AR transactions for accuracy. This position is based in our Bethesda, MD office. Our office has a hybrid working environment, with a combination of onsite and remote work. Please note that ASHP requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law.
What You'll Be Doing at ASHP:
- Process payments on open invoices for ASHP and associated organizations.
- Submit various invoices through customer online invoice portals.
- Responsible for collection of various AR balances.
- Assist internal and external customers with resolving account issues.
- Manage customer credit balances and process refunds as necessary.
- Process miscellaneous invoices and deposits.
- Prepares write-off reports for review and approval per established policies.
- Manage unapplied receipts (payments without invoice information or support).
- Reconcile specific accounts receivable accounts.
- Assist in preparing schedules and reports for the annual financial audit.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What You Bring To ASHP:
- Associates degree or higher preferred in accounting or finance.
- Three to five years’ related experience.
- Experience in accounting environment with excellent accounts receivable background.
- Must have an understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Personal credibility.
- Problem solving.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Follow directions and collaborate with team members.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Intermediate Microsoft (MS) Excel skills.
- Experience with association management/CRM software (e.g. Salesforce, Personify or other CRM software) required.
- Experience with Great Plains and Concur or similar accounting software a plus but not required