Finance Officer £30,000 - £32,000 annual salary Permanent Role Higher Education Central Oxford ASAP Start
Your new company
A reputable organisation within the higher education sector.
Your new role
- To fully support students with all the financial aspects of their time in education
- To advise on financial support packages available and assist with applications
- To offer budgeting guidance and to be wholly responsible for the Student Sales ledgers.
- Regular student meetings to provide helpful signposting for students to Student Finance, Universal Credit, Savings, Hardship, Budgeting and welfare.
- Raising student sales invoices ("battels", fees, student accommodation, and charges, processing credit card transactions, cash transactions.
- Maintenance of student sales ledger
- Responsible for applications to the University Student Support Funds
- Disbursing scholarships, grants and bursaries to students.
- Reconciliation and liaison with the University concerning student fee returns, suspensions, student loans and payments of University fees
- Reconciliation and returns for Government hardship grants
- Reconciliation of Balance Sheet Control
What you'll need to succeed
- IT: Microsoft Dynamics NAV (desirable), Excel (essential).
- Demonstrable experience of working in an accounts department.
- Good communicator, able to deal with queries
- Experience of working in higher education (desirable)
What you'll get in return
You will have the opportunity to work in a brilliant and supportive team, within higher education. You will also be able to earn between £30,000 - £32,000 annual salary, dependent on experience. Flexible working options, free staff lunches, 36 days annual leave (including bank holidays), 37.5 working hours, pension scheme and other competitive benefits are all available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.