This is an amazing opportunity to work in our innovative Finance team. At Tarmac our Finance function plays a key role in running our business. As a Finance Graduate you will get exposure to different business and finance functions, whilst studying for a professional finance qualification.
Throughout your time as a Finance Graduate you will conduct a number of rotations though different departments which will be tailored towards your strengths and interests. This means that you will be exposed to many different areas of Finance where you will be able to apply the knowledge you gain from your professional qualification. A typical day working as a Finance Graduate may include:
- Building a strong understanding of the core purpose of the Finance function by getting involved in varied activities to include monthly reporting and budgeting.
- Establishing and leading relationships with the business and finance communities.
- Supporting the business to make the right decisions to improve profitability, customer experience and drive business performance.
- Working to partner the business to set targets and reporting on performance,
- Using various systems and software to perform a wide variety of analysis.
An element of travel is to be expected in the role, as our Finance Graduates do partner the regional Finance Teams during their rotations. Getting out and seeing our operational sites is a great way of understanding how our business really works!
Whilst you’re learning on the job, you’ll attend our Graduate Core Skills Development Programme designed to expand your business knowledge, strengthen core skills and offer networking opportunities with other graduates and key stakeholders across the Tarmac business in order to successfully transition into your destination role.
We also fund your level 7 qualification, ensuring you receive professional recognition for the work you'll be putting in! Tarmac offer the ACCA, CIMA and ACA finance qualifications and, working with our tuition provider, we’ll provide guidance on which one best supports your future professional development.
The Ideal Candidate
Our people come from a variety of different backgrounds and prior experience isn’t always necessary for success. This following transferable skills and qualifications are beneficial in this role:
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?