Amazing opportunity for an experienced Assistant Accountant - Payroll based SOROur Client
Our client is an Australian owned, operated and managed organisation within the Transport and Logistics sector. The company prides itself on being a trusted partner, and a local-area expert. Numerous acquisitions have been made and tenders have been won meaning they are on the lookout for a Senior Payroll Officer to join their team based Description
Reporting to the CFO your duties will include but are not limited to;
- Responsible for ensuring all employees are paid accurately, on time and in accordance with the appropriate employment agreement, legislation and company policy.
- Ensure payroll enquiries are handled with prompt resolution, and effective communication is maintained with stakeholders and employees
- Responsible for compliance with PAYG, payroll tax and superannuation requirements
- Responsible for the accurate maintenance of employee leave provisions
- Ensure all workers compensation claims and reimbursements are processed, and records maintained
- Monitor the preparation of confirmation notices, letter of offer and other communication with employees
- Provide end of month reporting and reconciliations (Trial Balance)
As an ideal applicant, you will have;
- Previous experience dealing with direct payroll
- Demonstrated ability to lead and supervise
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- High levels of accuracy with processing large volumes of paperwork.
- Strong attention to detail.
- An aptitude for working with Payroll software and ability to quickly learn systems.
- Strong literacy in the Microsoft suite of products - Advanced Excel, Word and Outlook
- Willing to work as part of a team and interact with all levels within the business.
- Initial 7-month contract with the potential to go permanent
- South of River location
- Collaborative, dynamic and outcome focused environment
- Competitive remuneration
- WFH options
If you're well suited to the opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
You can apply by clicking "apply now" or for a confidential discussion and further information, feel free to contact Kaitlin Balic on email@example.com OR 08 6280 2709.