NEW VACANCY ALERT!!
Our client, based in Perseverance, Gqeberha, has an opportunity available within their Finance department for an Assistant Bookkeeper. Pastel experience is essential.
* Monthly reconciliation of the Pastel sub books (Debtors, Creditors, Inventory, Petty Cash, Cash Book - current-, call- and CFC accounts).
* Processing of debtor- and cash sales invoices.
* Daily cash book capturing (current-, call- and CFC accounts).
* Prepare monthly bank reconciliations (local and foreign).
* Prepare petty cash requests, capture all disbursements and replenishments in the petty cash book on Pastel, reconciliation of petty cash on a weekly basis.
* Processing, reconciliation and balancing of all intercompany accounts (debtors and creditors).
* Checking and capturing all standard monthly expense- and recovery invoices in Pastel. Prepare EFT payment pack in line with company SOP's and mandates.
* Reconciliation and capturing of all expense claims.
* Generation of month end journals (standard and ad hoc).
* Prepare and manage monthly creditor reconciliations for review by the financial controller. This includes reconciling the creditor's ledger to the creditor's statement, checking that all invoices and delivery notes on the statement have been received and agrees to Purchase Orders, checking that Purchase Orders have been authorised in accordance with company mandates, following up with creditors on any discrepancies, checking that invoices are VAT compliant, etc).
* Prepare EFT payment packs in line with SOP's and mandates. This will involve preparing the EFT payment requisition sheet for authorisation, attaching thereto all invoices and delivery notes, checking that invoices are VAT compliant, checking that invoices agree with Purchase Orders, checking that Purchase Orders have been authorised in accordance with company mandates and
submitting the payment pack for authorisation).
* Assist the Financial Controller with the weekly cash flow forecasts, by updating the cash flow tracker with actuals and checking outstanding Purchase Orders to inform the Financial Controller when these have to be paid.
* Assist with inventory counts, variance analysis, balancing and reconciliation of inventories.
* Assist the Financial Controller with the preparation of the monthly balance sheet reconciliations using an electronic template.
* Ensure company mandates and SOP's are adhered to and escalate any breakdowns to Management.
* Assist with the preparation of job reports as well as checking allocations.
* Assist in the compilation of financial reports to management when required.
* Provide a financial and administrative link to operations when required.
* Assist with SARS and External Audits.
* Assist with the annual budgeting process.
* Any other ad hoc financial tasks and duties as assigned to by the Financial Controller.
* 2-3 years relevant experience in a similar position essential
* Relevant certificate / diploma in finance / accounting advantageous
* Knowledge of basic accounting principles - essential (i.e. Debits / Credits)
* Experience in a manufacturing environment (job costing) advantageous
* Strong cashbook, creditors, debtors and inventory essential
* Proven experience in processing journals and accounting processes
* Valid driver's license and reliable transport
* Intermediate knowledge of VAT laws - essential
* Working knowledge of Pastel Partner Accounting Package V19 - essential
* Intermediate knowledge in MS Excel - essential
R Negotiable - Negotiable - Monthly