Dealership Accountant with automotive experience required for this multi-franchise, Brisbane north site.
Our client operates in excess of 100 dealerships and is looking to appoint a Dealership Accountant to their internal audit team. This role is based at the dealerships head office in Brisbane north, but will require some interstate travel.
Key duties in this role will include:
- Corporate Accounting tasks including monthly reconciliations, intercompany transactions and preparing monthly reports for the CEO and CFO.
- Internal audit tasks include reviews of internal controls and financial year end results to ensure the group accounting policies are being adhered to and that the financials are not materially misstated. These tasks are performed onsite whenever possible in teams of 2 or 3 auditors so interstate travel will be required.
- Accountants are encouraged to identify inefficient processes within the group and to design and implement solutions under the direction of a supervisor.
- Provide verbal and written reports to our Corporate Team, Dealer Principals and Financial Controllers where required.
- Ad Hoc Project work.
The ideal candidate for this role will need to demonstrate:
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to problem-solve
- Organised, efficient with strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with risk-based audit methodology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- High standards of integrity and work ethic
- Ability to work autonomously and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft word and Microsoft excel
- Familiar with Pentana/Titan/Tune is favorably looked upon CA or CPA qualified
A negotiable remuneration package will be discussed with the successful candidate. However, what you really need to think about in addition to the remuneration is the incredible opportunity that working for such a large group will provide. For further information please contact Chris Fowler
on 0480 002 344 quoting job number AC6541
. Applications, queries and expressions of interest can be forwarded by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.