Who we are looking for
State Street Global Markets is the investment research and trading arm of the bank. It provides specialized research, foreign exchange services, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies to owners and managers of institutional assets. Our goal is to enhance and preserve portfolio values for our clients through original flow-based research, proprietary portfolio and risk management technologies, trading optimization and global connectivity.
This role would provide an opportunity for building knowledge of the bigger picture of Global Markets and its functions in the Asia Pacific region.
This role supports the Securities Finance business for both Agency Lending and Enhanced Custody Management. It entails the booking and monitoring of loans and returns, collateral management functions, client financing and sell coverage. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM's number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients' portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
Join us if making your mark in the capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Securities Finance Operations Specialist you will
What we value
- Lead a team with a focus on Talent development.
- Assist in ensuring that all stock loan transactions have been correctly processed. Identify any discrepancies while working with front office and external brokers for resolution.
- Manage cash exposures with external brokers and provide daily client financing forecasts. Work experience within a banking operations environment
- Maintain non-cash exposure levels with external brokers
- Monitor Asian market client sells for the global books, assisting in the recalling and returning of lent shares for the purpose of settling client sells in a timely manner.
- Ensure all internal procedures and controls are adhered to, with a full understanding of corporate risk policy and standard operating procedures
- Work with the Offshore teams to facilitate settlement and to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Ensure errors and SSGM's exposure to financial losses are minimised
- Respond promptly to external client and internal stakeholder concerns, needs and requests
- Ensure all agreed deliverables and standards are met, participate in the resolution of problems as required
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to organise and prioritise duties with a strong attention to detail and understanding of risk
- Excellent communication skills, with a focus on client service
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Solid understanding of operational risk and client documentation
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Flexible approach to work hours
- Work experience within a banking operations environment
- Exposure to Securities Finance and/or collateral management
- Experience managing a team desired
- Minimum 5 years of business/technical experience
- Previous experience of custodial environment with particular exposure to Asia Pacific Markets