At Petit Early Learning Journey, our teams come from a diverse range of backgrounds. No matter the role, we use our expertise, attitude, and a shared commitment to place children first every day.About the role:
We are seeking to employ an experienced Accountant/Management Accountant
to join our growing Finance team. Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will play an essential role within our organisation.
Key areas of responsibility includ e but are not limited to the following :
- Preparation of month end journals and month end reconciliations
- Review of monthly Profit and Loss for multiple operating entities
- Maintenance of the General Ledger and of the Fixed Asset Register
- Assistance in year-end budget process for all business units
- Review of fortnightly wages of all business units
- Preparation and distribution of weekly, fortnightly and monthly operational reporting including providing commentary and analysis of variances and working with business unit managers on items for improvement
- Liaise with stakeholders regarding financial performance of business units
- Analysis of various business units to provide insight on variances against budget
- Ability to assist in Payroll processing during busy periods and in periods of absences
- Assistance in projects to improve efficiencies within Finance Team
Process and Risk Management
- Strict adherence to the monthly financial reporting timetable
- Ensure all activities are conducted with a high level of ethical standards
- Implementation of financial policies and procedures including internal control procedures
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Enjoy variety within this fast-paced, high-volume position
- Join a business who are committed to providing a flexible, diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees.
- Make an impact within a business who are passionate about supporting early childhood education
- WFH Mondays and Fridays - Convenient Brisbane CBD Office
- Flexible Full-Time or Part-Time options available
About Petit Early Learning Journey
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in commercial analyst roles preferably in fast paced growth organisations
- Proficient in desktop computer applications
- Accounting or business degree preferable
- Strong reconciliation, investigative and problem-solving skills
Petit ELJ is a privately owned company operating 18 modern long daycare centres across Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and the Australian Capital Territory. We provide an inclusive environment where children and families are valued and respected and where children's rights are upheld and advocated. At Petit ELJ children always come first.
Petit ELJ is committed to an inclusive workforce. We embrace diversity and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.Are you ready for a career change where you can make a difference?
Submit your application with a cover letter addressing the above criteria by applying now.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact The Team at Petit Early Learning Journey Pty Ltd on , quoting Ref No. 1030934.