This exciting Cambridge based Science and Research business are looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their business. The Assistant Accountant will have primary responsibility for journal posting, bank reconciliations and the fixed asset process with the opportunity to get hands on across the function once settled.
The Cambridge based business have seen continuous growth within the Science and Research sector and are showing no signs of slowing down. Not only are they a expanding business they operate with a flexible and grown up working environment which promotes progression internally for the successful Assistant Accountant.
The Assistant Accountant will be responsible for:
- Timely and accurate posting of general ledger journal entries
- Looking after the fixed assets alongside the inter-company accounting processes
- Balance sheet reconciliations and and subsequent variance analysis
- Support the continued improvement of processes and systems
- Support the Accounts Payable process and develop relationships with internal stakeholders
- Assist in the training and development of other staff.
The successful candidate for the Assistant Accountant will be:
- Be able to demonstrate previous financial experience and be comfortable to the Purchase Ledger processes
- Confident user of Excel; able to perform Pivot Tables
- Solid understanding of financial systems and ERPs
- Strong communicator capable of being able to work with a variety of stakeholders
The successful candidate will be joining a leading Science and Research business in Cambridge with an excellent opportunity to develop and progress their career. The role also provides a strong salary and benefits package for the successful candidate.