Your new company
- 12 month contract with possible extension
- Flexible working arrangements
- Company focused on supporting Australians
Our client is an independent statutory agency that is responsible for implementing a scheme which will support a better life for hundreds of thousands of Australians with a significant and permanent disability and their families and carers. Their values reflect passion and commitment to building a positive, participant-centered culture.Your new role
The position is an important team leadership position within the company and will have delegated authority and responsibility to resolve issues and risks across wide-ranging activities of substantial depth involving significant detail. It will provide the leadership, control, planning, resource management, performance management and decision making for the Team Membership and assigned Contractors working within the
Work Area. The position is responsible for actively managing key internal and external stakeholder relationships and may be required to represent and negotiate on behalf of company.
What you will need to exceed
- Leading the planning, preparation, execution and monitoring of external budget and reporting activities.
- Updating annual estimates and monthly profiles in alignment with Government's budget processes including accurate input into the Central Budget Management System.
- Liaising and negotiating with the Department of Finance and other external stakeholders on budget related matters.
- Leading the preparation of reporting to the Department of Finance.
- Leading the development of team operating procedures and user guides.
- Delivering the Agency's Budget and various Finance projects.
- Delivering various month-end financial reporting and analysis.
- Partnering with teams within and external to the branch to provide general accounting and strategic financial advice.
- Communicate clear information and instructions to other team members
- Help a team achieve its goals by sharing information, involving team members in decisions, and demonstrating commitment to the team
- Approach change positively and adjust quickly when faced with changes in work responsibilities, processes, or environment
- Manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently and on schedule despite distractions or other obstacles
- Handle stress appropriately and maintain effective performance when facing pressure or opposition
- Persist in achieving goals when faced with obstacles by doubling efforts or trying multiple strategies
- Set high standards of performance, quality, and accountability for oneself and others
Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA) clearance
computer/software applications - Microsoft Office computer based workNext steps
Think you'll be a great fit for the role? Press the apply
button or please contact
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.