From the outset, incumbent will be expected to be a contributing performer, doing staff level accounting work that supports business processes.
Additionally, this position will:
- Gain an understanding of Caterpillar’s business and accounting practices, systems, and procedures.
- Learn and develop skills which result from the practical application of basic accounting knowledge, and
- Provide assistance to a project team or others in the work group.
Accountants will be exposed to a variety of accounting functions and will accomplish a high level of compilation and basic analysis work, reviewing clerical input and generating reports. The accountant identifies relevant data and data sources, gathers and analyses the information, and provides feedback. Typically, decisions will impact relatively low risk issues and will be reviewed by a supervisor. A supervisor will direct work, but this position does not require close supervision to be effective.
Possible areas of responsibility are varied, including:
- Cost system maintenance
- Normals & machine rate development
- Abnormals identification & reporting
- Prime product and/or component cost monitoring & analysis
- Operations and/or product group budgeting and expense analysis
- Capital expenditure forecasting and reporting
- Standard and current cost grief resolution
- Support management with analysis for decision making in various projects and cost reduction programs
- New product Introduction (NPI) comprehensive support which includes determining discounted cash flow (DCF) and Internal rate of return of different projects
The variety of accounting tasks ranges from low to medium complexity. Interaction outside the workgroup is typically with peers. As the Accountant gains experience, he/she will develop a technical understanding of more complex accounting issues and expand their decision-making capability.
Accountants will continuously learn through training and experience. Learning at this level will focus on methods, processes and systems applied to accounting, developing communications skills and building knowledge of Caterpillar’s businesses, products, suppliers and customers.
- Requires a certified accountant (CA/CMA) with college degree in accounting and 5-7 years of experience in accounting preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Good accounting background, thorough knowledge of accounting flow and related methods of recording in the General Ledger and knowledge in SAP environment (FI, MM & CO Module).
- Effective communications skills and a good understanding of computer systems especially in MS-Office and Financial Analytics Tool (Power BI, Tableau, Power Apps. etc.).
- Must demonstrate strong leadership, initiative, inter-personal skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
Relocation is available for this position.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).