Opportunity to support and drive trust accounting regulations in a large reputable business.The Position
Sharp & Carter have partnered with a reputable organisation to recruit a full-time permanent Trust Accountant. This opportunity will allow you to work and apply your accounting and financial auditing knowledge, in a well-established and cultural orientated organisation.
As the successful candidate you will work in a fast-paced environment, that provides a challenging yet rewarding opportunity. This opportunity is located in the Brisbane CBD and is close to public transport.Key Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Trust Accountant, you will be responsible for ensuring accurate compliance under the trust account provisions.
Your key responsibilities will include, however are not limited to:
Skills and Experience
- Examine legal accounting records and client files to ascertain whether client funds have been properly dealt with;
- Investigate all practices to ensure trust money has adhered to correct legislative requirements;
- Generate reports in accordance with legislative requirements, regarding non-compliance;
- Educate and respond to queries on ethical and best practice trust accounting requirements;
- Offer continual improvement advice on how to effectively improve any investigation processes and procedures.
As the successful candidate, you will have recent and prior experience in trust accounting.
In addition, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant degree qualification - business, accounting or commerce;
- Familiar working in a high volume and fast paced environment;
- Experience working in a trust accounting or similar role previously;
- Strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills;
- Demonstrate strong analytical and investigative skills, to efficiently analyse and evaluate information.
Sharp & Carter are proud to partner with a reputable organisation located in the Brisbane CBD. This organisation aims to provide quality service to all of their employees and members. Their longstanding employees are passionate about continuing to hold a highly sought-after reputation of collaboration, support and high performance.How to Apply
Sharp & Carter often have a range of positions available that may not yet be advertised. If you feel this opportunity is interesting yet not quite right, then we recommend still putting in an application or sending your CV directly to the email address below. That way we can contact you to find out more about your career goals and aspirations, and we will ensure you stay updated and aware of exciting new vacancies in the market.
For more information about this opportunity, please call Liam Coleman for a confidential discussion on the details below.
0499 414 094