If you're an ambitious individual looking for a new and exciting opportunity in the accounting profession, we would love to hear from you!
Nexia Canberra is currently seeking to recruit suitably qualified and experienced senior accountants to join our renowned Business Services Division.
The opportunities are perfect for candidates seeking a stimulating role working alongside the Partners and friendly business services and advisory teams to deliver a high-quality personalised service to clients.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing financial statements and statutory compliance reports including BAS, GST, FBT and tax returns for individuals, Companies, Partnerships and Trusts
- Providing tax planning and business advisory services to clients
- Develop strong relationships with clients and seek to further these relationships through quality product delivery
- Supervising and mentoring less experienced team members
- Initiating and nurturing business development opportunities and the brand reputation of our firm
- Using a range of accounting software including Xero, MYOB and QuickBooks
- Ability to work autonomously on medium to large groups of business clients.
The ideal candidates will have excellent interpersonal skills with a positive, confident and flexible approach to all aspects of your work, and ideally meet the following requirements:
- Tertiary qualified in Accounting/Commerce or related field
- 3+ years' relevant experience in an Australian business advisory and tax environment, in a professional practice
- Working towards or completed CA/CPA qualifications
- A high level of written and spoken English to be able to communicate clearly with clients and colleagues
- Ability to manage own workloads efficiently in a busy environment and assist to train and supervise staff within a team environment
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
In addition to being an established and highly reputable firm, Nexia Canberra supports and promotes a strong team culture that emphasises career growth, sharing of knowledge, professional development, an inclusive and collaborative environment with the opportunity to be part of a highly successful global network with access to a variety of clients and innovative resources.
You will experience quality in-house training and on-the-job mentoring as well as support for you to undertake your professional studies. How to Apply
To apply please provide a copy of your CV and a cover letter specifying your suitability to fulfil the requirements of the role and why you consider this opportunity will be ideal for you.
Please note, applicants who do not supply a cover letter may not be considered for the role.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the appropriate approval to work in Australia. Successful applicants will also be required to complete a National Criminal Record check prior to commencement of employment. Nexia Canberra is an Equal Opportunity Employer