Novak Birks, P.C. has an immediate opening for a Supervising Senior Auditor in the Kansas City area. Qualified candidates should be client-service oriented and have 2+ years of recent auditing experience with industry knowledge of employee benefit plans, 401(k) plans, and not-for-profits. Novak Birks, P.C. offers a dynamic environment to grow and advance your career and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
· Plan, execute, and review work in the field on audits, including compilations and reviews for employee benefits plans, 401(k) plans, and not-for-profits
· Supervise staff auditors working on those engagements
· Train and mentor staff on audit process and assess the performance of staff for engagement reviews
· Work under the supervision of an audit senior manager (CPA) who will provide guidance and direction
· Work with the audit team to identify and resolve client issues discovered during the audit process
· Complete and review the related tax forms for each audit (Forms 990, 5500, LM-2, etc.)
To be qualified, you must have:
· Two to five years of experience in public accounting, with supervisory experience preferred
· The ability to work independently
· Knowledge of GAAP, GAAS, Auditing Areas (experience with union, not-for-profits, and Taft Hartley pension and welfare funds are a plus)
· The ability to successfully interact with clients and management to deliver quality service
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work effectively as part of a team, yet function well with individual responsibilities
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including vacation, sick leave, comprehensive medical, dental, 401(k), long-term disability, and a flexible spending account program. From mid-January through mid-April, additional hours are required for our busy season.