CohnReznick currently has an excitingopportunity for a Senior Associate
to join the Government Contracting Practice.
This position can be 100% remote.
The Senior Associate works directly with all levels of the firm, including closely with Managers and Partners, and performs test work on multiple types of contract audits ("DCAA type audits") ranging from $10M-$2B. In addition, they provide consulting services to government contractors in the areas of FAR, Indirect Rates, CAS and Business Systems. They demonstrate professional creativity in dealing with client matters and make constructive suggestions to improve client operations. The Senior Associate effectively analyzes transactions, recognizing potential allowability/allocability issues, conducts appropriate research, and works closely with managers on resolving the issue. Your focus will initially be on the following three areas:
Specific duties include:
- Audit, Consulting and Accounting
- Task and Engagement Management
- Personal and Professional Development
Audit, Consulting and Accounting
- Performing audit procedures in accordance with firm standards and GAGAS in an accurate, thorough and timely manner
- Responsibility for pre-engagement planning, execution, and final deliverable
- Monitoring project status against the work plan and communicate schedule adjustments to managers and/or partners
- Following and developing customized DCAA audit programsto conduct efficient audits
- Understand and apply concepts of materiality and audit risk.
- Prepare work papers that are informative, indexed, cross-referenced and can easily be understood and explained.
- Performs consulting services to government contractors including accounting and consulting projects
- Reviews the audit and consulting work of Associates
Project/Task and Engagement Management
- Accept responsibility for, and complete tasks assigned by CohnReznick management in a timely fashion.
- Make effective use of firm resources to complete a project.
- Manage multiple client projects at any given time.
- Alert CohnReznick management in a timely fashion of any issues, constraints, challenges, and/or scheduling conflicts that may arise in completing the assigned task(s).
- Promotes teamwork and cooperation within the office. Fosters effective relationships with contractor representatives and government officials.
Personal and Professional Development
- Earn confidence, trust and respect from clients and colleagues.
- Continually develop technical skills and industry knowledge. Demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, creativity and independent thinking.
- Attend local professional and business organization functions, as well as networking events.
- Represent the firm in positive and professional manner.
- Demonstrate accounting proficiency by pursuing and passing the CPA exam.
- Demonstrate sound business judgment.
- Develop an ability to motivate and train self.
- Actively participate in CohnReznick internal development programs, including staff training courses.
Your CR Advantage:
- BS/BA in Accounting; has obtained or is actively sitting for the CPA exam and meets the necessary requirements to license immediately upon completion of the CPA exam
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in public accounting or other relevant experience
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including knowledge in GAGAS
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Strong research skills
- Solid understanding of FAR & Indirect Rates, emerging understanding of CAS and DFARS business systems.
- Proven technical skills with MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, and Outlook; audit software, and Caseware / CCH Engagement Manager experience a plus
- Solid organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
- U.S. Citizenship
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401k Match
- Profit Sharing
- Discretionary annual bonuses and spot bonuses
- Generous leave programs
- Guided career path
- Designated L&D team
- Career Coach
- Education reimbursement
- CPA bonus plan
- Resources of a national firm
Connect with us
CohnReznick is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, clients, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include background check and credit check
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at CRaccommodation@cohnreznick.com Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.