This Consultancy based within King's Lynn and W. Norfolk are looking for an Assistant Accountant to support their Finance Director across the finance function. The Assistant Accountant will be supporting the Finance Director with the month end processes as well as the transactional side of finance, including VAT returns.
This Consultancy based within King's Lynn and W. Norfolk are able to provide a great situation for an Assistant Accountant to expand on their career and knowledge with the opportunity to continually take on new tasks.
The Assistant Accountant will be responsible for:
- Review and make live electronically received supplier statements
- Check that entries on the statements have auto allocated to the correct clients and plans
- Support the Finance Director with the monthly processes as required
- Input supplier invoices to sage
- Prepare list of supplier BACS payment
- Post supplier payments to Sage
- Import sales transaction data from Sage templates.
- Post monthly Journals as required
- Export TB, P&L & Balance Sheet data for monthly management accounts.
- Complete quarterly VAT return, including partial exemption adjustment for review by Admin Director
- Assist with preparation of FCA reports
- Assist with annual budget
The successful candidate for the Assistant Accountant will be:
- AAT Level 4; actively studying their ACCA/CIMA would be advantageous
- Intermediate to advanced user of Excel
- Confident working with senior partners within the business
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous experience with Sage would be advantageous
The successful candidate for the position will be joining an long established Consultancy who have strong links with King's Lynn and W. Norfolk. The role will provide excellent development for the successful candidate.