About The Association
Combining the strengths of the American Institute of CPAs and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, we empower the world’s most highly-skilled accountants – CPAs and CGMA designation holders – with the knowledge, insight and foresight to meet today’s demands and tomorrow’s challenges. We drive a dynamic accounting profession that works every day to build trust, create opportunity and grow prosperity worldwide.
About the Role
Responsible for defining, leading, and executing the effective implementation of the AICPA’s Foundation Strategic Plan ensuring alignment between the AICPA, the Foundation Board Members, and the Foundation Bylaws. Lead the day-to-day activities of the Foundation programs and related initiatives executed by AICPA staff and act as a liaison to external and internal stakeholders, along with the Senior Director and Academic in Residence of Academic and Student Engagement and the Vice President of CPA Exam and Pipeline. Manage all aspects of Foundation activities and operations including the budget, fundraising, and support staff. interface with other AICPA departments providing services to the Foundation and those directing programs that are funded by the Foundation.
- Leadership/Strategy: Working with the AICPA and the Board Members to develop a Foundation Strategic Plan and lead its execution in support of the strategic mission of the AICPA and the Foundation.
- Management: Oversee and manage staff as they perform the job functions related to all aspects of the Foundation’s efforts. Act as the AICPA’s primary contact with the President, Treasurer, and Secretary of the Foundation Board of Trustees.
- Operational: Direct the execution of the day-to-day activities of the Foundation within the AICPA, manage Foundation projects working with AICPA staff to increase fundraising of the Foundation, appropriate allocation of funds and scholarship monies, and ensure compliance with the Foundation’s mission and budget commitments.
- Communications and Marketing: Serve as the primary point of contact between the AICPA and Foundation and to all external constituents. Work with and coordinate the volunteer board members and oversee all communication and marketing efforts for the Foundation.
- Financial: Oversee the financial budget of the Foundation and coordinate with AICPA staff and the Foundation Treasurer on all of the Foundation accounting, including an annual internal or external audit of Foundation accounting
- Superior leadership skills with the ability to hire, coach and develop staff. This role leads a team of 3 (2 Associate Managers and 1 Sr. Manager).
- Experience creating and implementing strategic and communication plans.
- Experience working closely with a board of directors, working knowledge of BOD governance policies and procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in applying, improving and directing others on cultivating business relationships, partnerships and alliances internally and externally; develops a broad base of relationships by seeking individuals inside and outside of the organization
- Superior operational and internal control focus with the ability to identify and implement change as needed to ensure that an appropriate system of controls is in place and operating effectively.
- Superior written, verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and build working alliances at all levels with both staff and volunteers.
- Able to travel as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, management, information systems, data analytics, communications, education, business or related field
- 8 – 10 years’ experience in the following:
- Experience in association management and leading not for profit organizations funded by contributions
- Experience in leading a small team responsible for all areas of the not-for-profit: mission, vision, staffing and volunteer management, funding and financials, operations, and compliance and reporting
- Familiarity with college education and scholarships, professional licensing or the accounting profession, specifically CPA profession
- Extensive experience in developments and trends related to planning, organizing, monitoring, and controlling projects, ensuring efficient utilization of technical and administrative resources
Why Work for Us?
At The Association, you are part of a global, diverse and talented group of colleagues. You have opportunities to innovate and collaborate in a leading organization that impacts individuals and businesses. You’ll have opportunities to progress while enjoying an exciting work environment that supports and celebrates individual achievement, development and professional satisfaction.
Together, we will lead the most influential body of professional accountants and create the future of the global accounting profession.
We offer competitive benefits, PTO, flexible working principles, and a supportive, collaborative team environment.