Under supervision, the finance clerk is responsible for recording all monies coming into and leaving the Clerk's Office. The finance clerk performs a wide variety of financial recordkeeping duties. These duties include bookkeeping, accounting, and financial reporting. The nature of work may require mandatory compensatory time including night, weekends, and holidays.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Reports to Manager Finance
- Preparing and processing financial documents such as bills, receipts, and invoices.
- Updating and maintaining the database, financial records, and filing systems.
- Tracking and monitoring financial transactions.
- Reviewing financial records, documents, and information to ensure their accuracy.
- Performing account reconciliations and audits.
- Reporting financial discrepancies, errors, and customer complaints to the supervisor.
- Compiling financial spreadsheets, reports, statements, and other documents, as needed.
- Keep accurate records for all daily transactions
- Process invoices
- Record accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Update internal systems with financial data
- Reconcile bank statements
- Track bank deposits and payments
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
• Knowledge of policies and practices associated with finance and Computerized accounting programs
• Knowledge and ability in the use of a personal computer and software applications
(Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Accounts payable and receivable
• Knowledge of personnel policies and procedures
• Administration of employee benefits
• An understanding of relevant financial legislation policies and proceduresSkills:
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to communicate both written and verbally
• Strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills
• Skill in preparing written communication
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
• Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate data entry
The incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of the Finance Clerk. The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
• Be honest and trustworthy
• Be respectful
• Be flexible
• Demonstrate sound work ethic
• Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree with an emphasis in accounting and finance.
- Knowledge in the area of financial statement preparation, budgeting, purchasing, accounts payable and accounts receivable or the equivalent
- Experience working with an ERP preference ODOO
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of financial regulations and accounting processes.
- Outstanding analytical and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data