Who are we?
M Group Services Energy Retail Division is proud to be one of the UK's largest utilities support organisations and were still growing, with some exciting times ahead! We pride ourselves on being award-winning and recognised for our diligence, customer service and expertise. We work with our clients and partners to ensure we keep abreast of industry developments and remain at the forefront of progress.
M Group Services Energy Retail Division is a part of M Group Services, a £1.7 billion turnover business, with a wide and diverse field of operations that regularly presents opportunities for growth. M Group Services have been one of the Times 100 Top Track Companies for the last three years running and in 2021 was presented with the Armed Forces Covenant Gold Award. Across all our businesses, we work hard to facilitate an environment that values and promotes our colleagues.https://www.mgroupservices.com/our-divisions/energy-division/A great opportunity to join the Team:
We are on the search for 2x Finance Analysts
to join the Energy Retail Finance team at our Newcastle Office
, where you will work alongside our Strategic Business Partners to drive positive performance across the business. With a focus on both revenue and cost control, you will help to keep the accounts in order whilst assisting with accurate reporting and insight. The team are very quality focused, a high standard of work is essential coupled with a continuous improvement mindset. Our people present a passion for delivering on time with effective outcomes, and these positions are no exception.The key elements to the role(s):
Who we are looking for:
- Preparation of Management Accounts, hands on month end support.
- Complete monthly cost review process, including judgement of provisions and posting of accruals.
- Revenue recognition and sales invoicing reconciliation.
- Prepare Finance Management reports for Operational teams and be part of the presentation process.
- Balance Sheet reconciliations, keeping our house in order.
- Support for budgeting and forecastingactivities.
- Translating financial information to non-finance members of staff we love a KPI!
- Be part of the future Finance Team strategy and great place to work initiatives.
What we offer
- Whether youre a Part Qualified Accountant, have Finance experience or a recent graduate looking to study CIMA/ACCA we are always looking for the best talent!
- An analytical mindset with high attention to detail are a must.
- Excellent Communication Skills, plenty of conversations happen to keep the business flowing.
- A strong working knowledge of Excel is essential, we love a good spreadsheet.
- Knowledge of Oracle Fusion is desirable, but easily learnt.
- Capability to work quickly and efficiently, working smart is in our nature.
- Ability to work to timescales and under pressure.
- Flexible approach to tasks and working, its always a team effort.
- You must be able to pass our screening and vetting standards, provide up to 5 years employment history and pass a DBS check.
- 25 days holiday + 8 days bank holidays
- Starting salary of £25k per annum
- Full study supported for CIMA / ACCA including subscriptions paid
- Flexible working, with up to 2 days per week working from home
- Modern offices with free parking, free tea and coffee, and a Greggs around the corner!
- Pension Scheme and Life Assurance Cover
- Access to My Rewards which provides amazing reductions on 1000s of purchases including Mobile Phone, Utility bill and top retail brand discounts. Heres a few so you can see the type of savings you can make:
- Up to 7% discounts on major supermarkets
- Up to 52% on Cinema tickets
- Up to 33% on holidays and travel
- Up to 10% on restaurants and takeaways
- Up to 25% off gym membership
- Eye care vouchers
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Recommend a Friend and Earn scheme
- Reward & Recognition Scheme
- Opportunities to progress in a successful company