An Assistant Accountant is required to work for an internationally listed Consumer business based in West London (with remote working available) on a permanent basis. Working for a well-known brand, which has expanded significantly in the past 12 months having completed a multi-million acquisition, this is an opportunity for an ambitious Part Qualified Accountant to progress quickly in their finance career.
Reporting to the Financial Accounting Manager, you will be working in a team of 5 and sitting amongst a wider finance team of 50 plus. You will take ownership for the accounting for UK entities and will also be involved with various project related work to support with further international expansion.
- Taking ownership for the accounting for UK entities including handling the balance sheet reconciliations and assisting with profit and loss reporting
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly, quarterly & year-end reporting schedules and corporate templates
- Responsibility for month-end duties including journals, accruals, and prepayments
- Managing intercompany transactions including dealing with multi-currency
- Business partnering with stakeholders in your region to support with finance queries
- Involvement in various finance projects including supporting with international expansion
- Liaising with auditors at year-end
The successful candidate will be a ACCA or CIMA studier who is actively studying towards their qualification (having taken an exam in the past 12 months) and who wants to progress in their career with a multinational business. You must have previous experience working for a medium to large sized business where you have handled month-end accounting. Knowledge of SAP is desirable as well as experience working in the consumer industry. You must have excellent communication skills, be a team player and thrive in working in a fast-paced environment.
In return for your hardwork, there is an excellent benefits package in place including study support, discounted gym membership, ability to support local charities through work, 1pm Friday finish and 25 days' holiday.