This company is an SME supplying products and services to the Engineering/Mechanical sector. With strong growth plans, a need to strengthen their accounts team has arisen.
Based in Hull and reporting to the Purchase Ledger Team Leader, this role is suitable for an experienced individual either AAT qualified or time served. They will be fully accountable for the wholepurchaseledgerprocess, frompurchaseorders through to invoices and reconciliation whilst managing several control accounts and completing accounting reconciliations.
Roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To be responsible for the maintenance of the purchase ledger
- To log and process purchase ledger orders and invoices in line with Group procedures
- To track and co-ordinate resolution of queries and disputes
- To identify and address any supplier disputes, to minimise trading disruption to the business from suppliers suspending or withdrawing credit account facilities
- To be responsible for the opening and maintenance of supplier accounts, including periodically reviewing supplier master data records
- To be responsible for supplier payment runs and cheque preparation, with reference to relevant supplier credit terms
- To deal with all accounts payable correspondence in a timely and professional manner
- To request and perform monthly supplier statement reconciliations (where applicable), liaising with suppliers for additional information as required
- To assist with the monthly aged creditor reporting
- To be responsible for intercompany reporting
- To assist with audit preparation and carrying out analysis as required
- To support the truck administrator in regards the processing of purchase invoices
- To be the main point of contact for branch purchase ledger queries
- To prepare files for archiving, maintain an archive record book and to review the existing archive for disposal or destruction
- To perform any other reasonable task relevant to a Purchase Ledger Clerk, including, but not limited to, dealing with both internal and external financial queries, and to be involved in ad-hoc queries and/or projects
The Ideal Candidate:
This is a significant post as part of the Groups shared service arrangements. The post holder will be expected to develop and maintain good relations with the Finance Team Leader, Financial Accountant and External Auditors.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- To represent and promote the Groups brand values internally and externally; acting as an ambassador for business development and promote innovation on behalf of the Group.
- Ensure that the Groups internal customers receive an excellent customer service experience in all dealings with the service.
- To deliver your day to day duties consistently within the service level agreement.
- To act as a champion for change and improvement and constantly enhancing quality
- To actively promote and act, at all times, in accordance with Groups policies, e.g. Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities, etc.
- To contribute to delivering the Groups internal communications strategy, playing a supporting role in ensuring that communications are high quality and that our workforce is respected
- To undertake other reasonable duties commensurate with the level
- Sage software
- 2 3 years time served experience ideal but not necessary
- Worked within a similar environment and role
- Monday Friday (40 Hours per week)
- Full Time Permanent Position
- £20,000 - £23,000 PA (Subject to experience)
Please apply by following the directions on the website, alternatively for more information and a full outline of the role, call Louise Wileman on (phone number removed).
All direct and third-party applications will be forwarded to Emmerson Kitney Financial Recruitment.
Emmerson Kitney Financial Recruitment is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Policy is available upon request.
Emmerson Kitney Financial Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an Employment Agency for permanent appointments and an Employment Business for temporary assignments.