Why join us?
Swoon was founded in 2012 with a mission to create distinctive designs that owners will want to keep forever, and a lofty goal to spark home obsession everywhere.
We're an online-only furniture brand that's making a digital experience better than a store. We design original pieces in-house and our innovative NPD process discovers the next trend, fast. Our testing platform ensures designs sell online at their intended price, and our data-led approach grows sales within families exponentially, quickly. Our business model cuts out expensive overheads like shops and overstocked warehouses, which means our prices are affordable too.
Our distinctive look unlocks collaborations with leading retailers like John Lewis and many more. This diversified growth strategy is powering our brand to a significant market share. And we're just getting started...
What we're looking for
We design and make things all over the world and must get them to customers perfectly and on time. But the truth is that it's hard. We are constantly looking to improve the experience for our customers and we need every part of the supply chain working efficiently to ensure this happens.
Reporting into the FP&A Manager, you will join as a Finance Analyst, focusing on retail partnerships. We are collaborating with some of the largest UK retailers that sell some of our most exciting designs in store. It is an exciting and fast growing part of the business. You'll oversee the full Partner P&Ls and drive the end to end month end process. You'll have an eye for detail with the ability to reconcile data across multiple systems to ensure all partnership revenue and costs are recognised accurately.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to get a very broad role and responsibilities across finance early on with a great deal of ownership and autonomy.
On top of this, you'll be a great communicator and keen to work cross functionally with all areas of the business. Working closely with a small team of only 25 can be tough, so an ability to work on and prioritise multiple priorities is essential.
The things you'll be on the hook for:
- Review and reconcile weekly invoicing and cash received
- Post accruals, allocate cost of sale and distribution costs
- Own month end model and assist with quarterly reforecast
- Track and understand profitability and highlight key variances to budget
- Own monthly reporting packs and communicate performance to business stakeholders
- Assist with modelling new commercial models for existing partners and new partnerships
- Preparation of cash reconciliations and debtor ledgers
- Assist with cost of sale calculation, margin reporting and analysis
- Assist with finance tasks as instructed by the FP&A manager or management accountant
- Assist with cash flow modelling for the core business
- 1 - 2 years of experience within finance would be ideal but not required, graduates also welcome
- Keen and eager to take on a broad all round finance role in a growing business
- Numerate degree - Accounting and Finance is desirable
- Ideally someone that has started studying towards an accounting qualification (ACCA /CIMA)
- Able to work with and reconcile large amounts of data from various sources
- Intermediate spreadsheet skills (sumifs, Index match, pivot table)
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Great communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to manage stakeholder relationships
- A great team player
Life at Swoon
Upbeat, ambitious and collaborative - that's us. We're a lean team of 25, so if you relish responsibility and like to impact an outcome, we're the place for you. We've made flexible working a permanent thing. Right now, the team works from home but we're open to what people might need in the future. We hold weekly day workshops in London and if the team wants to get together in a co-working space, that's fine too.
We have a wide range of perks and benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Share options programme
- Bonus scheme
- Wellbeing allowance
- Pension scheme
- Private medical cover
- Your birthday as an additional day off
- A day off for volunteer/community work
- Free furniture on each anniversary of employment
- Increasing holiday allowance with tenure
- Study support
- Friends & family discount
Liked what you read and keen to join us? Send us your application and we will get in touch very soon!