- Assistant Accountant
- Up to £30,000 plus excellent benefits
Line Manager: - Financial Controller
We are currently recruiting for seeking an Assistant Accountant to join a truly impressive, dynamic FMCG organisation on a full-time permanent basis. This is a fantastic role, with opportunities for progression chances, in a creative, forward-thinking company. The role would suit an experienced, analytical accounts practitioner who is confident working in a fast-paced environment. Trading internationally, the successful candidate will have experience in export and will be familiar with export documentation and liaising with freight forwarders.
What does the role involve?
You will be supporting the Financial Controller by providing effective financial management.
You must have at least 5 years Accounts Experience.
- Responsibility for management of the Sales Ledger
- Support sales team with general admin relating to customer management and setup
- Experience of Fast-Moving Consumer Goods and wholesale export and international trade processes is a distinct advantage as producing export documentation and liaising with/ chasing freight forwarders will be part of this role
- Team player but also a methodical 'systems person' who can help automate as many processes as possible using current and new systems to full potential
- Issuance of sales invoices in a timely manner
- Customer and bank reconciliations and credit control
- Cyclical General Ledger period end and reconciliation experience
- Assistance with weekly, monthly, quarterly sales and profitability analysis
- Assistance with monthly and quarterly management accounts pack production
- Keeping debts to a minimum and prioritising work
Who would be the right fit?
- Can demonstrate continuous improvement within a past role
- Experience using OrderWise would be desirable
- FMCG Experience
- Ability to build good working relationships
- Experience of working with direct and indirect international suppliers
- Excellent Excel Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Flexible and adaptable to work in a fast paced, dynamic working environment
What our client offers?
- Up to £30,000 salary
- Monday-Friday (8:30AM-5:30PM)
- 26 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Life and Health Insurance
If you'd like to explore more about this opportunity, please send your CV for immediate consideration.