Macildowie are excited to be working with a fantastic business based on the outskirts of Nottingham near Bingham who are looking for a Book Keeper to join their team!
This is initially a contract position for 12 months with the potential to extend for the right candidate.
Working Monday to Friday - 9am - 5pm.
Salary is based at £22,000 but could be flexible depending on experience.
Ideally we are looking for someone to start at the end of January / beginning of February.
We are looking for a candidate who has experience in transactional finance, purchase ledger, sales ledger.
The main purpose of the role is to perform clerical accounting duties, including reconciliations, analysis, verification's and postings and to ensure all parts of the accounting process is accurate.
Previous experience using SAP would be advantageous but not essential.
Key Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Maintain and processes accounting transactions to assist with accurate financial reporting.
- Reconcile the more complex accounts, identify discrepancies found, and provide the corrective action to be taken.
- Assists with month end close activities and preparing financial exhibits.
- Communicate with others within the department or outside of the work area (employees, customers, suppliers) to exchange information and to answer questions or resolve issues.
- Prepare financial reports.
- We are looking for someone who has a good understanding of the accounting fundamentals such as debits, credits, accounts receivable, accounts payable, budgets. Someone who has excellent attention to detail and is happy to work on their own initiative. Strong organisational and communication skills are required.
If you are interested in this role please upload your most up to date CV and i will be in touch to discuss the role in more depth with you.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.