We are actively looking for an experienced and passionate Client Manager for our Bodmin-based accountancy client in the beautiful county of Cornwall. This role will take on an existing portfolio of clients, as well as develop new business. The ideal candidate will be a qualified AAT practitioner with 2-3 years in practice. Flexible working is offered with 1-2 day per week in the office.
Where you'll work:
Our client is a cloud-based independent practice in Bodmin, Cornwall. They are focused on adding value for their clients in ways that traditional accounting practices don't. You will have autonomy to get on with the work but also the support of a teamwork mindset. The firm embraces technology and knows that accountancy is about more than just the numbers.
The role you'll play:
- Take responsibility for managing a portfolio of clients, ranging from sole traders and partnerships to medium sized companies.
- Be the first point of contact for clients building strong, long term relationships and becoming a trusted advisor.
- Meet clients, present financial information and statement results, answer questions and provide further added value advice, identify and manage planning opportunities and general business support.
- Complete bank reconciliations and analysis work for clients.
- Monitor and manage job allocation to ensure that jobs are prioritised.
- Review work completed by junior staff, providing feedback and guidance of when to be completed on time.
- Review pricing agreements with clients.
- Review work completed by junior staff, providing feedback and guidance when required.
- Attend training courses and maintain a continual development of knowledge and skills.
- Act in the best interests of the company and work as a team member at all times.
What you ideally bring to the table:
- AAT qualified as a minimum professional qualification. (Required)
- At least three years of experience within the accountancy practice sector
- Skills across accounts, and general accountancy practice services delivery.
- Excellent PC skills including Sage, Excel, Word, Excel, and preferably, IRIS.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Flexible attitude to work and the ability to work as part of a busy team to ensure the overall efficiency.
- Excellent time management skills to ensure that all jobs are completed efficiently and within budget.
This is your chance to work for a forward-thinking, cloud-based practice with a focus on excellent customer service. Career progression opportunities are readily available and you will be part of an efficient, tech-savvy team.
Bodmin, Cornwall (Hybrid) - Flexible working offered, with one to two days per week in the office.
Is this the role for you? We'd love to see your CV - apply today!