Role: Credit Control Manager
£46,000 - £50,000
6 Month fix term contract - View to make permanent
The Credit Control/Deputy Income Manager working with the Income & Commercial Manager will be responsible for meeting and collecting the demanding income targets circa £110million in the current financial year. This will include driving student recruitment, accommodation and enterprise whilst working with other University stakeholders including Schools, Marketing, IT and HR. As well as driving income growth the role will entail deputising the planning and delivering on future income growth.
The Credit Control/Deputy Income Manager is to ensure the adherence to comply with procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards/requirements.
The post holder will work closely with SMG and VCE members of the University departments and will also be the lead contact with external organisations, including the University's internal and external customers, government bodies and embassies, Student Loans Company, US student loan administrators, external/internal auditors and banks. He/she will also be the University's lead contact for debt collection agencies and their legal representatives, Card Payment Service Providers and income collection. He/she will work closely with the Admissions (APPS) and Registry process, support the Information Services (IS) teams in managing the online registration, fee payments and tuition fee invoicing process and also work with the Registry team to manage our Student Loan Company records.
• Determine the strategic priorities and monitor the performance of the team against agreed monthly targets and KPI's.
• Manage and ensure all invoices are accurately raised and sent to customers in a timely manner. Invoices are to be posted to the financial system and filed as per the month end timetable. A month end reconciliation is performed by the Deputy Income Manager to ensure all audit requirements are adhered to. Strict process and procedures for non tuition fee invoices are also applied and relevant checks made.
• Ensure that all aspects of student accommodation rental collection, administration, invoicing and the logistical arrangements of students moving into all UWL student accommodation are planned to a high standard in conjunction with the Accommodation Department. The role holder will be expected to keep all members of the team up to date on developments in this area
• Working with the Income and Commercial Manager to ensure the delivery of successful enterprise activities, support schools and research and enterprise to achieve the income targets. Ensure all invoicing and cash collection are completed in a timely manner.
• Define the strategy and functional financial policies for the online registration processes and manage the work with senior colleagues in APPS and IS teams to embed the strategy and policies online.
• Ensure that adequate debt collection procedures comply with the latest legislation and are followed to an agreed timetable so that the level of outstanding and bad debt is minimised, income and interest are maximised and stable cash flow is maintained.
• Ensure the completion of all student enrolments (mail webs) and resolve queries regarding students. Adhere to discount policy and tuition fee charges set by planning/VCE. Assist and update fees in the financial systems and UnitE. Provide ad-hoc reports when requested.
Whether you are a credit control team leader, credit control manager or a Deputy Income Manager, I would love to hear from you.