£40,000 - £50,000 Per Year
- Weekdays Only (in office)
Our client is a fast-growing family of specialist industrial product owners and service companies, each of which are market-leaders in their niche. The Group's range of products and solutions cover workplace safety, impact protection, racking & shelving, recycling, 5S and visual communications, primarily serving the warehousing, logistics and material handling industry, with full turnkey services and a network of distributors across Europe and beyond.
We are looking to recruit a Financial Analyst to support the senior management team with financial/commercial reporting, working closely with the CFO and the Finance Managers of each of the subsidiaries within the group, as well as decision support analysis produced using Microsoft Dynamics Business Central and Sales 365, Sage 50, Excel and Power BI. The Financial Analyst will also play an important role in future acquisitions, from overseeing the Financial Due Diligence to financial integration of the targets into the wider Group. Our client has a great entrepreneurial environment with short lines of communication and decision-making, it has a strong people culture and offers challenging and rewarding career opportunities for the right candidate.
The Role and Stakeholders
- The role requires an excellent level of IT skill and an analytical and pro-active mindset. Excellent Excel skills are a pre-requisite and experience with data manipulation and different software packages would be a distinct advantage, especially Microsoft Dynamics Business Central and Sales 365.
- Works closely with IWS Group Exec and with senior management of the subsidiaries.
Accountabilities & Work Examples
- Preparation of accurate and timely financial reporting, including: Consolidated monthly and quarterly management accounts (P&L, balance sheet and cash flow) against budget and prior year
- External stakeholder reporting (e.g. covenant reporting)
- Consolidation of budgets and business plans
- Preparation of consolidated group accounts for audit
- Profitability analysis (by project, product, geography, supplier, etc) to support decision making
- Analysis of working capital to identify areas of improvement and implementation and execution of working capital initiatives
- Work with senior management to identify other initiatives to drive improved performance, implementing and monitoring of those initiatives
- Supporting the Group in ongoing implementing Business Central/ S365
- Supporting the subsidiaries as required, including visits to sites
- Play a supporting role in M&A activity and integrating acquired companies into the Group
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA)
- Experience working in an SME/B2B environment, ideally with more than one entity/location
- Experience of working in an environment with regular financial reports produced to tight reporting deadlines
- Advanced Excel skills, comfortable working with complex Excel models
- Experience with Microsoft Business Central, Sales 365 and Power BI would be a distinct advantage
- Very good understanding of costing methodology, gross margin and working capital analysis
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of Sage
- ERP implementation experience would be an advantage, especially Microsoft Business Central
- Experience in a similar industry (i.e. supply & installation; manufacturing)
- Project management qualifications
- Experience working with EU-based businesses
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, hands-on, can-do attitude with exceptional attention to detail
- Capable of working to challenging deadlines and managing multiple tasks efficiently
- Able to work independently and autonomously when required
- A results orientated problem solver
- High attention to detail, tenacious, persistent, and balanced