ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland. We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy. ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way. Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of 60.6 billion in 2018.ENGIE are recruiting for a Management Accountant to be based in Number 1, 26 Whitehall Road, Leeds, LS12 1BE. This is a permanent/temporary full-time/part-time role working 37 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package. Purpose of the Job:
To prepare and communicate complex management accounting information for the Energy Supply activity ensuring the information is accurate, timely and is understood by key stakeholders through business partnering.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:Key Accountabilities:
• Production of the monthly management accounts ensuring a comprehensive audit trail is available for all reporting including balance sheet reconciliations and journal vouchers.
• Ensuring the management accounts comply with IFRS accounting standards and ENGIE Group accounting policies to the acceptance of the all stakeholders including external auditors and internal finance management.
• Production of variance analysis and interpretation of results to aid management decision making (Gross Margin, OPEX, CAPEX, and Cash).
• Support the Group financial reporting process through the submission of data into reporting systems such as Smart and OneC, through the preparation of commentaries and through the timely resolution of all requests received from external auditors.
• Support the statutory financial reporting process through the timely resolution of all requests received from external auditors and through the provision of statutory accounting inputs as requested.
• Support the budgeting and forecasting activities as required including preparation of forecast financial statements and supporting schedules.
• Understand external change and its impact on ENGIE including regulatory change, industry change and accounting standard changes.
• Adherence to internal processes and risk frameworks in addition to leading system, process and policy change as required.Outcome, Results and Key Performance Indicators:
• Monthly management accounts and variance analysis
• Annual budgets and monthly forecasts
• Completion of group and sector reporting submissions
• Monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations and supporting documentationDimensions of Job:
• A combination of Power Supply/Export, Gas Supply and Operating Costs.
• Up to 2 direct reports.Key Relationships:
• Internal: All Energy Supply Departments, in particular; MD, FD, Central Finance (Financial Reporting), Energy Trading, Legal, Risk and Marketing
• External: External Auditors, Ofgem, XoServe, Elexon, other Industry parties
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience: The job holder will have:
• Demonstrated ability to succeed in a complex and dynamic environment
• Practical experience of accounting, financial accounts or experience in other departments with similar finance disciplinesQualifications:
• Degree level or equivalent experience
• Fully Qualified Accountant Behavioural Capabilities:
• Customer focus
• Results focus
• Ability to motivate self
• Effective communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Able to build positive relationships
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities
• Committed to a high standard of performance
• Drive to achieve continuous improvement
• Commercial acumen
• Effective time management
• Ability to influence others
• Organisation skillsFor more information about ENGIE, please visit: http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/ For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers. If you are a disabled applicant and meet the minimum outlined in the job description, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities at interview. Additional Information
- Posting Date: Jan 7, 2022