Logistics done differently.
Are you looking to start 2022 with fresh challenge? Are you an experienced Financial Controller ready to lead the financial performance of an entire business unit within GXO? Do you pride yourself in achieving the highest standards of management and financial reporting?
Here at GXO, we are looking for a Financial Controller to join our business in a full-time permanent basis. Location can be flexible as you'll be covering sites across the country, so a willingness to travel is essential for this role.
With a turnover of 2bn and the approximate scale of a business unit 250m-400m, you'll report directly into the Chief Financial Officer UK and play a pivotal role in the financial performance of GXO Logistics UK as part of a team of Financial Controllers. Pay, benefits and more:
We're looking to offer a salary of 80,000 - 100,000 per annum, depending on experience, along with a generous car allowance and bonus scheme. In addition, we offer 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), as well as the option to buy additional days. You'll also have access to a variety of high street discounts, as well as a cycle to work scheme, a workplace pension, and many other perks. What you'll do on a typical day:
What you need to succeed at GXO:
- Proactively manage a team of site and regional based accountants to develop the financial management skill base within the Business Unit and achieve the highest standards of financial reporting
- Support the Business Unit Director, Contract and Site Managers to achieve commercial KPIs and profit targets, including monitoring and driving productivity
- Implement and manage financial processes and risk management strategies across the Business Unit, as well as develop and communicate BU budgets and forecasts
- Review and challenge budgets, constantly striving for continuous improvements and challenging commercial decision making where appropriate
Be part of something big.
- Fully qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA or CIMA)
- Strong understanding of Transport and Logistics industry, ideally complex, networked solutions (desirable)
- Understanding of third-party logistics, with excellent operational understanding
- Ability to lead, engage and develop remote, matrix managed teams
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.