Green Park, Reading
Role type: Fixed term contract until Dec 2022
Reporting to the Credit Manager, the Credit Controller will play a proactive and key role in the management of the company's third-party receivables by maximizing revenue and mitigating credit risk.
They will ensure that payment of invoices is received from customers in line with their agreed payment terms and assist in the reconciliation of the accounts with Customer Services, Sales & Marketing and SSO.
Major tasks and responsibilities
- Proactive end to end account management from bill to cash to minimise overdues and achieve DSO targets.
- Through liaison with cross functional teams (including O2B, Sales and Marketing, Commercial and SSO) proactively manage the outstanding receivables to ensure that, where possible, payment is received by due date to maximise cash flow.
- Speedy and effective resolution of queried items through proactive communication with O2B, CATI, Business Unit and SSO.
- Where applicable, ensure speedy reconciliation of deducted Trade Promotional Invoice items on Sales Ledger.
- Up to date reconciliation of customer payments with SSO to ensure accurate reporting and correspondence with customers.
- Ensure all activities are up to date on accounts to maximise reporting accuracy in FSCM modules - including credit, collection and dispute.
- A forward-looking 'Continuous Improvement' approach to managing tasks and receivables management.
- Provide holiday / sickness cover as required to ensure continuity of credit control processes
- Sound knowledge of Finance process and Business Systems
- Experience and proven track record in working with outsourced service providers
- Ideally CICM qualified or willingness to study CICM qualifications
- Self-motivated with good planning & organising skills to prioritise work effectively
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both written and verbal
- A confident proactive approach to problem analysis and credit collection
- Ability to work accurately to tight time deadlines
- Proven track record of making successful credit decisions
- A willingness and flexibility to work as part of a small close-knit team
- The ability to listen to customers and negotiate winning solutions
- Persistence, resilience, and diplomacy when dealing with non-payments or unresolved queries
- Intermediate level Microsoft Excel (basics formula, comments, formatting) and word
- Provide clarity and direction on credit collection and risk analysis
- Achievement and "problem-solving" orientation
- Clear sense of ownership; liaising with a wide group of internal and external stakeholders, to minimise overdues.
- Manages issues to a successful closure and resolution
- Persistence even when faced with conflicting cash flow challenges between supplier/customer
- Gains insight into customer needs.
- Seeks out and acts upon opportunities to improve processes and efficiencies
- A forward-looking 'Continuous Improvement' attitude
- Good self-awareness of different skills required to manage varying customer needs
- Demonstrates high standards of honesty and integrity
- Consistent approach
- Establish local processes and re-evaluate to ensure efficiency and compliance with business and global requirements
- Uncovers root causes to difficult account issues
- Ability to effectively manage a diverse range of customers
- Looks beyond the obvious to ensure results are met
- Actively take responsibility for and drive own development needs
- Shows personal commitment and takes actions to continuously improve
- Promote team working through the sharing of ideas and expertise, establishing good relationships, and working in co-operation with others
- Partners with cross credit management team and cross functional team to achieve shared objectives
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
- Type: Full time