Tarmac is the UK's leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today, but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country's long-term future.
We are currently hiring a Sustainability Advisor to support the delivery of the sustainability strategy across Tarmac. This will include co-ordination of the Sustainability Steering and Task and Finish Groups, leading cross-business working groups, and providing expertise in sustainability reporting, traceability, certification and standards, whilst maximising Tarmac's commercial advantage.
- Supports organisation and management of the Sustainability Steering Group and its Task& Finish Groups.
- Supports and, where appropriate, leads cross business working groups on specific sustainability issues.
- Supports BUs and Functions to develop annual action plans aligned with the sustainability strategy and manages processes to track and report performance.
- Supports development of the GRI annual sustainability report.
- Sets reporting standards, reviews performance & investigates issues. Manages process & compliance with key customer certifications including, BES 6001 Responsible Sourcing and BES 6002 Ethical Labour Standard.
- Supports the business to embed sustainability in operations and products.
- Supports Tarmac to be aware of, influence & meet the challenges of emerging sustainability regulations.
- Supports the Net Zero Manager with modelling and analysis of net zero roadmaps and performance.
- Responsible for maintaining data & content of sustainability communication channels on sustainability performance.
- Prepares & delivers training on sustainability and associated issues.
- Produces information to support product sustainability positioning & offers.
- Supports the development of positions on key sustainability issues.
- Undertakes peer benchmarking.
- Represents Tarmac interests on relevant trade & other external bodies on sustainable construction topics.
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of sustainability and associated issues.
- Knowledge of sustainability reporting and the Global Reporting Initiative.
- Knowledge of sustainability responsible sourcing & social value schemes.
- Ability to coordinate cross business working groups.
- Excellent personal management skills enabling the ability to work autonomously, manage multiple streams of work & be a self starter
- Ability to communicate & present complex information simply & clearly.
- Excellent numeracy & literacy skills, with a high level of analytical ability and experience in spreadsheets and data management.
- Strong technical competency with good communication & influencing skills
- Excellent team working skills;
- Ability to understand & assess complex technical issues;
- Confidence & ability to manage & prioritise complex tasks;
- Proactive in identifying opportunities to improve current processes;
- Fine attention to detail;
- Flexible & keen to take on & learn new tasks & skills;
- Customer focused
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities including: BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents; Ability
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on... are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited
Job Reference tarmac/TP/111/2485
Contract Type Permanent
Closing Date 15 January, 2022
Job Category Sustainability
Business Unit Corporate Functions
Location Solihull , United Kingdom (Incl. Northern Ireland)
Posted on 15 December, 2021