At Barings, we are as invested in our associates as we are in our clients. We recognize those who work diligently for us and reward them for personal and professional integrity, communication skills, distinct competencies and expertise in specific strategies, ability to collaborate as a team member and true dedication to the interests of our clients.We thank you for your interest in joining the Barings team, and invite you to explore our current employment opportunities.
• Coordinating with lawyers, accountants and other advisors and drafting responses to questions from potential investors during fund raising
Reporting and financial appraisal
• Supervision of monthly and quarterly fund reporting cycles, including co-ordination and review of quarterly NAVs (IFRS and UK GAAP), US GAAP reconciliations and payment of distributions.
• Supervision of annual financial / tax reporting process, including audit of the entities.
• Analysis of budgeted income, opex and capex expenditure
• Maintenance of cashflow model in conjunction with the fund analyst
• Management of fund flows, including:
• Funding opex and capex;
• Funding new acquisitions;
• Repatriation of excess/trapped cash;
• Cash management; and
• Assist with the acquisition and disposal process alongside the Fund Controller, transaction Manager, and legal and tax teams
• Management of financial due diligence process for assets acquired through SPVs
• Transaction support, responsibilities include reviewing SPAs, reconciling completion statements and working directly with advisors and the investment team to agree terms.
• Managing approval and payment of transaction costs.
• Oversight of company secretarial function, working closely with advisors and internal teams to manage the fund's decision-making process.
• Oversight of administrators
• Management of corporate costs.
• Supervision of corporate and tax structure, dealing directly with advisors to carry out any necessary restructuring and develop the existing structure for new acquisitions in conjunction with the Tax Department. Monitoring tax structure on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance with original tax planning and changes in legislation. Oversight of periodic VAT returns.
• SME for Barings performance and modelling platforms (Investran, Anaplan)
• Implementation of finance facilities and related security packages together with Director, Debt Capital Markets. Satisfaction of CPs, including dealing with vendors / lenders / advisers.
• Management of interest payments, draw-downs and repayments.
• Monitoring satisfaction of debt covenants.
• Dealing with any bank queries and remedying any instances of financial default.
Required Skills and experience
Barings is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer; Minority/Female/Age/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.
• Qualified accountant with proven, significant PQE experience (ACCA, ACA, CMIA)
• Must be competent with advanced level of Excel
• Experience of Investran useful but not essential
• Real Estate transaction experience or experience working in a similar real estate business required
• Knowledge of Pan-European structures helpful but not a necessity
• Must be well presented with excellent interpersonal skills and confidence to speak to stakeholders at all levels throughout the organisation.
• Must be comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
• Must be team player, but also comfortable with a degree of autonomy.