Accounting & Business Advisory AssistantWe are searching for an experienced Accounting & Business Advisory Assistant
Overall job purpose
To assist team members in providing efficient and effective accountancy services to a range of clients, while promoting the firm at all times.
• Prepare accounts under supervision to required standard to ensure files are prepared and documented with sufficient evidence for review.
• To complete iXBRL tagging of financial statements for online filing with corporation tax returns.
• Produce account analysis and control account reconciliation schedules for inclusion on the assignment file which agree to the financial statements as requested by the AFR manual, assignment Supervisor or Manager.
• To prepare good quality files for the supervisor/manager's review
• To treat client staff with respect and courtesy, and to practice the principles of excellent client service at all times.
• To ensure quality at all times as directed by the Supervisor/Manager.
• Carry out duties assigned by the Supervisor/Manager efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm's procedures.
• Maintain contact with the Supervisor/Manager ensuring they are fully informed of findings arising from the work undertaken, so that any problems can be satisfactorily resolved.
• Clear all review points raised on the work prior to files being passed to managers.
• Attend staff meetings and training as required
• Recognise when information provided by the client is incomplete and inaccurate and take steps to rectify this
• Ensure that timescales and deadlines set down are achieved, seeking advice regarding the resolution of issues and problems as appropriate
• Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager or Head of Department
Personal and professional qualities
The role requires:
• A trainee studying AAT/ACA/ACCA
• A minimum of one years' experience within an Accountancy Practice and/or similar role
• Work experience gained in a client or customer facing environment would be advantageous
• Software skills:
• Excel (required)
• Sage/ Xero (preferred)
• Excellent interpersonal skills - able to deal with people at all levels
• Enthusiastic - keen to develop
• Self-motivated and able to show initiative
• Thorough, flexible, resilient and persevering
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the role. As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and will be subject to amendment in consultation with the individual.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
Experienced hirePermanentBRISTOLAccounting and Business Advisory