What is the job?
We are a high growth tech company in the crypto space facing some unique challenges and opportunities in relation to our corporate structuring and planning. We are looking for an exceptional Global Head of Tax who has worked across multiple entities and jurisdictions, conducting reviews and implementing findings across all areas of tax for large corporations.
Reporting to C-level you will take ownership for all tax considerations both strategically and operationally across all territories. This will of course cover the core areas of:
- Corporate income tax, including tax structuring and optimisation;
- Indirect taxes;
- Transfer pricing
- M&A and deal related taxes
- Employment taxes
Currently the group relies significantly on external advisors for compliance, structuring and reporting. We will continue to use global advisors to support in a number of areas allowing the Global Head of Tax to focus on developing and implementing the tax strategy of the firm.
You will be a qualified Tax professional most likely having trained with a large, reputable firm. It would be advantageous to have significant Financial Services Tax experience within the Asset and Investment Management sector either as an advisor or in an in-house role already. Directors looking for their first move from the profession will definitely be considered as well as those moving from similar in-house roles already.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the global strategic tax plan based on corporate goals and organisational needs
- Work with personnel in diverse departments to discuss and implement tax planning and develop tax-efficient structures and solutions consistent with relevant business objectives
- Coordinate with and manage outside advisors to ensure that their tax, valuation, and other services are timely and responsive to the Company's needs
- Lead portions of the international tax controversy and audit process, including responses to tax authority inquiries and settlements
- Prepare or review technical transactional summaries and memorandums in support of the tax provision and tax-related control requirements
- Improve processes and technology to generate continuous improvements and automation enhancements
- Monitor UK domestic and international tax legislation and advise tax management of its potential impact on the business and, if appropriate, integrate legislative developments in planning process
- Work with the finance team to oversee indirect tax and local tax compliance; facilitate and contribute to the tax compliance processes across our international group to ensure it is consistent with our global tax principles; assist as we develop and use new systems, processes and tools to improve practices across international Tax and Accounting.
What are we looking for?
- You're an ambitious and proactive, highly experienced finance person who is adept in managing the general finance admin of a growing company.
- You are highly organised and a great completer-finisher: you like to check things off. A clear to-do list set out and completed brings you immense satisfaction. The prospect of tidying up accounts for the month end fills you with energy rather than dread. Your spreadsheets are immaculate and you take pride in ensuring everything is reconciled and correct.
- You have a calm and logical approach and you're comfortable engaging with service providers like lawyers and accountants.
- You have a broad range of experience working across teams to get things done properly and on time and you know what makes for a smooth experience.
- You're intelligent, inquisitive, quick to learn and a versatile operator. No one at Radix winds up only doing what's in their job description, and adaptability is essential!
What do you need?
- Extensive experience and technical knowledge of UK and international tax issues, transfer pricing and global reporting requirements and tax controversy
- Demonstrated strong project management experience including ability to independently prioritise and track complex, competing schedules; proactively anticipate and complete
- Excellent interpersonal verbal, written, and presentation skills in communication with external and internal stakeholders at all levels
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities in a group structure, preferably across multiple jurisdictions, including transfer pricing
Things That Will Really Help You Stand Out
- Knowledge, understanding of and enthusiasm for crypto currencies and DeFi
- Previous management of bonus and options schemes and dividend distributions
- Experience in working with regulatory issues and compliance
- Please submit a thoughtful cover letter explaining why you are interested in the company and this role and what particular experiences set you as a leading candidate.
Base salary offered: £130,000-£150,000 commensurate with experience, plus options and other benefits.
Please apply directly via the link or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
RDX Works - Who are we?
You've heard of Bitcoin (BTC) - the world's first decentralized peer-to-peer digital money system - and Ethereum (ETH) - the decentralized computer for the world. Radix (XRD) builds on these concepts to deliver the decentralized infrastructure for global finance (aka decentralised finance, "DeFi") with the Radix network.
RDX Works is the technology team who built the core of the Radix network and continue to support the project. We're a driven team who believe we're at the earliest stages of a global financial revolution. DeFi is already enabling pioneering developers and entrepreneurs to re-invent almost every financial product, without requiring the central authorities or siloed infrastructure of traditional institutions.
DeFi has grown assets under management from $1 billion to $100 billion in less than a year. This is still a rounding error on the $111 trillion dollars+ held in traditional finance. Nonetheless, the current decentralized public ledgers that DeFi is running on have fundamental challenges in security, scaling and parallelisation of transactions.
Radix has gone back to first principles to develop the right technical solution and created the first layer-one protocol built specifically for mainstream DeFi. An infinitely scalable platform is only one prerequisite for mass adoption. Radix is also blazing a new trail in the areas of purpose-built developer tools, user experiences, and regulatory integration.
At RDX Works we are focused on delivering the technology to take DeFi from billions to trillions. We have forged a path deep into the future of what distributed ledger technology is going to look like. We need you to join the team to help bring this vision to reality.