Kyra Media - Financial Controller
Kyra Media, with teams in London, New York, and Los Angeles, creates digital content and messaging that uniquely resonates with youth culture. We connect brands with Gen Z by aligning voice, reach, and innovation to product positioning. Kyra serves marketers through three distinct business drivers: exclusive talent access, creative studio content production, and original digital content - all showcasing our expertise in youth entertainment and engagement.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic company in the new media and digital publishing space that puts its people first. The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with previous experience in a financial controller role in a fast paced startup or media environment. They will need to be highly effective, but empathetic with strong communication skills, credibility and experience to operate as part of a small Finance team and wider business functions through an exciting growth phase.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Ownership of month end reporting (P/L and balance sheet)
- Cash flow forecasting
- Ensure proper structure and setup of Xero
- Oversee budgets from production team
- Report departmental P&L
- Work with team on managing AR/AP
- Preparation of quarterly board report data
- Lead on annual audit with FD support
- VAT preparation
- Lead on revenue recognition and COGS reconciliation
- Lead on costs controls and update FD and areas for improvement
- Proactive approach notifying FD when see red flags or concerns
- Continuous improvement approach with motivation to automate and speed up processes
Experience & Skills
- A Financial Controller with a proven track record of success, ideally with experience in the media industry or in a growing startup
- Good understanding of Xero or similar software
- The ability to work in fast-paced environments and adapt to changing priorities
- Core Accounting qualifications ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Previous experience working across multiple territories, especially the US
- Excellent IT skills, specifically advanced Excel & systems knowledge.
- Up to date finance and tax knowledge
- Outstanding communication, organisational and time management skills
- Experience with collaborating closely with key decision makers
Kyra is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to making Kyra a beacon of diversity and inclusivity, working together and alongside our industry-peers to create a better, fairer and more representative entertainment industry, both on and off screen. We encourage applications from candidates of all abilities and backgrounds. Kyra does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.