Accounting & Finance - Accountant
Start Date: ASAP
£296.00 Per day
Expected duration: 6 months with prospect to extend
Remote - Office
London - candidates must be UK based with a right to work
Our client is a global tech and logistics business, they are looking for Senior Financial Analyst/accountant. This position will be focused on supporting the development of accounting tools and process improvements to support external finance teams in distribution centres in Europe and some others globally. The position will actively and frequently engage with other senior leaders in the accounting, finance, tax and operation teams across the EU.
This position will be based in an international team within the EU customer fulfilment finance organisation to develop, process improvement initiatives, and assist in the identification of standards for EU wide consistency. In addition to accounting experiences and skills, the successful candidate will be a self-starter, a demonstrated leader, a collaborative team-player, and an excellent communicator.
• This position has a mix of project based accounting responsibilities including but not limited to:
• Managing and leading EU accounting projects from scoping through to testing and launch.
• Direct responsibility for improving accounting processes and controls for a business with a high volume of transactions.
• Responsibility for actively engaging with a variety of stakeholders
• Coordinate with the global fixed assets accounting teams to establish and maintain strong communication channels.
• BA or equivalent degree in finance/accounting is required
• A minimum of one of these qualification: ACCA, CIMA, ACA (Essential)
• Relevant accounting experience (public accounting /industry mix preferred)
• Accounting background in Logistics, 3PL logistics, international import export is highly desirable.
• Demonstrable ability to work to tight deadlines on critical projects
• Solid organisational, project management skills, and information technology aptitude
• UK GAAP, IFRS or US GAAP experience required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English