Our client, a tier one Private Bank is looking for a VP Client Advisor to implement and execute the distribution strategy for the Investment Consultants market. This gives someone the chance to be involved in the strategy of the Client Advisory function, reporting into a Managing Director. This grow will be instrumental in the growth and acceleration of this business. This is an opportunity to significantly contribute to the AUM of the private bank
- Support the Senior Adviser Private Bank Clients, Head of Charities and Investment Consultants and UK Private Bankers in the implementation and management of the strategy to initiate and develop the Private Bank's relationships with investment consultants. This will require understanding of the broader investment consultant industry, in-depth understanding of the role of an investment consultant and how this continues to evolve; using this knowledge to determine how to best position the Private Bank.
- Play a leading role alongside the Senior Adviser Private Bank Clients, Head of Charities and Investment Consultants, to implement a comprehensive business development plan, identifying appropriate opportunities with investment consultants, deepening existing relationships and developing strategies to target new relationships. The role holder will drive the ongoing mapping of the investment consultant industry, to complete due diligence and reassessment of target investment consultants and materially contribute to any further adaption of the strategic approach and business plan as appropriate.
- Support the Senior Adviser Private Bank Clients, Head of Charities and Investment Consultants and UK Private Bankers in maintaining and growing relationships with investment consultants including taking lead responsibility for the production and collation of investment and general marketing materials applicable to each investment consultant, taking into account their unique preferences and processes, in order to ensure the Private Bank continues to be a short list manager within their searches.
- Support UK Investment Consultant RFP writer(s) in their completion of RFP submissions to ensure consistency, accuracy, and efficiency and delivering RFP material of the highest quality. Work with RFP writer(s) to ensure that a RFP library and central database is fit for purpose and up to date.
- Act as delegate and representative for Senior Adviser Private Bank Clients, Head of Charities and Investment Consultants at internal and external meetings.
- Ability to have sensible and relevant discussions with investment consultants on various aspects of the investment universe, encompassing both liquid and alternative asset classes, and to portray the firm's investment offering in the best possible light.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Candidates will be expected to demonstrate a strong track record of developing and managing relationships, ideally within the Private Banking / Wealth Management industry.
- Candidates will also be expected to demonstrate experience of working with a broad range of cross functional colleagues, including senior stakeholders and business management.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal the firm's Policies and Policy Standards.
- High level of communication skills with a proven ability to influence and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders, including those at a senior level
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to work independently and initiate action.
- Strong prioritisation, problem solving and organisational skills
- Good understanding of the link between beliefs, behaviours and exceptional performance.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Extensive experience with investment consultants, understanding the sales process and how to build and maintain relationships with this group.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to articulate investment solutions in a succinct and compelling manner
- Strong analytical, numerical, technical skills and good with excel spreadsheets, pie-charts, power point etc
- Strong relationship management skills, and ability to reach out and develop initial contact, dialogue, and a relationship with investment consultants who are not already known to the candidate or broader team
- Organized, methodical and disciplined in follow up with investment consultants
- Understands the firm's investment proposition and associated markets and asset classes.
- Preferred candidate has strong interest in broader financial markets as well as the macro environment.
- Ability to create material and present to a broad audience of stakeholders and business partners.