This is a defence programme based in central south-east England. The current phase 1 commission (secured) is the first 18 months of a 10+ year programme. The scope is to define manufacturing capability options within the existing facility versus the new build and submit the outline business case to the client.The Mace Defence business has undergone rapid growth since its inception. Today we advise a range of clients, including governments, front line commands and private sector defence organisations, where we advise on some of the most nationally significant projects. Our service lines continue to grow as well, offering commercial, procurement, project management and project controls consultancy services, drawing on our cross-sector experience and priding ourselves on being able to bridge between strategy and delivering practical benefits to our clients.Your responsibilities will include:
- Planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organisation.
- Making risk assessments, which involves analysing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business.
- Evaluating risk, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the organisation such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors, and evaluate the previous handling of risks.
- Establishing and quantifying the organisation's 'risk appetite', i.e. the level of risk they are prepared to accept.
- Reporting risk in an appropriate way for different audiences, for example, to the board of directors so they understand the most significant risks, to business heads to ensure they are aware of risks relevant to their parts of the business and to individuals to understand their accountability for individual risks.
- Undertaking corporate governance involving external risk reporting to stakeholders.
- Carrying out processes such as purchasing insurance, implementing health and safety measures, and making business continuity plans to limit risks and prepare for if things go wrong.
- Conducting audits of policy and compliance to standards, including liaison with internal and external auditors.
- Providing support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organisation.
You have experience in risk management, mostly gained working in the nuclear/defence sector. You have experience working on large (100m+) projects. You have expert knowledge of risk management tools and techniques. You have an understanding of construction projects. You have knowledge of risk management software. You have an understanding of statistical methods such as Monte-Carlo analysis.You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and provide support to strong, motivated teams. You will have a construction or consultancy background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.Job Summary
Job number: 14131
Date posted : 2021-12-16
Profession: Planning and Project Controls
Employment type: Full-time