In Deals we solve the important problems that stand in the way of value being created, sustained, realised or protected for our clients - working together to aid responsible recovery and growth.
We put together major mergers and acquisitions and resolve business crises - from international take-over bids to financial crime investigations and cases of insolvency. Our teams work on iconic deals with national and global clients as well as operating and investing in businesses, new ventures and entrepreneurs in our local market and communities. It's both a responsibility and a privilege to guide our clients through moments that matter deeply to them. Our breadth of clients in an ever-changing market means we need to be agile - responding when we need to, in a way that really makes a difference.
We draw upon our deals experience across many industries to support and partner with our clients, to positively impact society and the communities in which we operate. The insight we create, coupled with the innovative tools and methodologies we use to access and evaluate the data that matters, contributes to the success of our clients in all Deals situations. We encourage our clients to think more broadly - connecting their actions today with their successes tomorrow. We help our clients throughout the Deals lifecycle to create lasting value for their businesses.
Each of our key areas within Deals, delivers services to the market individually or together by combining our specialists to provide comprehensive client solutions.
About the Team
The Real Estate Corporate Finance Team provides market leading advice to clients within corporate, infrastructure and government markets both in the UK and internationally.
Our team sits within the Real Assets practice covering real estate and infrastructure and works across the lifecycle of a real estate project, from initial strategy and business case development through any procurement process to advising on transactions in the secondary market and post deal services.
Our work and our capabilities across the practice are broad and cover both real estate advisory and real estate M&A. You could be providing Strategic, Commercial or Financial advice to a range of corporate occupiers, large land owners and investors/ developers, advising on the real estate operational requirements to deliver the organisation's business plan, cost out programmes, structuring and executing investment or financing transactions, capital raising or procuring joint venture or management contracts.
About the Role
The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker with a broad understanding of real estate operational and investment trends and issues gained from experience within the public or private sector that may include: occupier advisory, real estate and Facilities Management (FM) operations, business strategy, M&A, property development, site acquisition, sales, and property valuation.
The role demands strong analytical and creative problem solving abilities, allied to natural personal initiative, and the ability to handle pressure. Intellect, enthusiasm, confidence, communication and people skills are critical and the individual will be expected to support delivery teams, interactive workshops, the presentation of findings to large groups of stakeholders and to assimilate strategic findings from quantitative and qualitative analysis.
As a Senior Associate within the team, the individual would expect to be involved in and support the following types of work:
- Preparing business-led real estate strategies, relocation and portfolio plans for corporate occupiers with associated options/ relocation appraisals, feasibility studies and business cases
- Advising on cost reduction programmes across estates and FM functions to drive out efficiencies including managing outsourcing procurements
- Advising on and implementing performance improvement, process redesign, organisational design, property systems and efficient asset management practices within estates and FM functions of occupiers or investors
- Business development activities including identification and targeting of potential opportunities
- Supporting the PwC team on the origination and execution of a range of real estate corporate and asset transactions which could include IPOs, take privates, corporate acquisition (buyside and sellside), fixed income transactions, advising on joint venture structures, funding options, OpCo PropCo splits and transaction structures
Required skills and experience:
- Experience in client delivery is essential. The individual will have the ability to meet deadlines. It is essential that team members can grasp and interpret facts and deliver decisive advice to clients, having regard to the sometimes sensitive nature of the work being undertaken.
- Relevant management consulting or property advisory experience, ideally including a good working knowledge of the commercial, residential and development land sectors
- The individual will be able to communicate and work with others efficiently
- Confident presenter and facilitator of workshops with senior stakeholders
- Strong financial and analytical skills combined with a good understanding of business and finance and an interest in working on projects with mixed property, tax and accounting teams
- Commercial awareness will be at a level which allows identification of client requirements, business issues to improve client service and risk issues in undertaking the work.
- The individual will be capable of delivering high quality formal reports, demonstrating strong analytical skills with an ability to think laterally.
- Relevant Degree (or equivalent) and MRICS or relevant business master's degree - optional but valuable
Our Deals business is an exciting, fast-paced and an ever-growing business that focuses on deals and crisis situations for our clients. Collectively, we deal with the types of situations you hear about regularly in the news and we provide support, insight and analysis to the management, shareholders and financiers of business.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have 'The Deal'.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.html
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.