Unineed is a fast-growing online lifestyle retailer & ecommerce service provider. Our websites offer over 150 premium designer brands and thousands of products across skincare, make up, fragrance, luxury handbags, watches, sunglasses, clothes and other accessories.
We primarily target China, UK, America, Europe, and other key international markets and the company ships to over 150 other countries from its delivery centres in Glasgow & China.
Unineed is run by a group of young entrepreneurs, and our company is growing fast, doubling in size most years. Besides our Unineed Retail business line, we also offer an end-to-end solution to help traditional retailers transform to digital based international retailers by building & marketing their international websites or selling via Unineed websites.
We aim to become the industrial leader for cross-border ecommerce in the next 10 years, and become a global leader in the next 20 years to help brands, retailers and manufacturers access international fast-growing markets through the Unineed 'Xtopus' platform.
To be our Bookkeeper, candidates must have a minimum of 2 years Xero Online accounting experience and 3 years working experience within an accounting role to be considered for this position.
- Compiling and issuing month end and quarterly reports
- Credit control
- Compiling VAT returns
- Assist with month end and year end procedures
- Sales Ledger - Posting invoices and allocating payments
- Purchase Ledger - posting purchase invoices and checking supplier statements
- Bank reconciliations and maintenance of petty cash
- International payments through FX platforms
- Payment gateway reconciliation
- Provide financial information to management by researching and analysing accounting data and preparing reports
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements
- Answer accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential
- Be the first point of contact for the accounts department responding to calls, emails and queries
- Manage insurances and utilities for the company
- IT proficient (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic and positive outlook
- Adopts a methodical and systematic approach to work and time management
- Strong written, verbal and telephone communication skills
- An inquisitive and creative mind with good analytical skills and the ability to draw logical conclusions
- Works well within a team and is self-motivated
- Has an attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Is persistent and tenacious, demonstrating an ability to solve problems creatively
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)
- Xero Online 2 years (Required)
- Have the ability to work on your own initiative
- Be comfortable working to tight deadlines
- Have a professional and polite manner