Our client is an exciting technology SaaS business with huge growth potential. They are now looking to recruit an interim CFO to work effectively with a highly driven management team as they prepare for a Series B fundraise in Q1 of next year.
- Working closely with the CEO, play a leading role in the Series B fundraise in Q1 2022,
- Provide effective management of the company's finances and support the executive team in the strategic management of the company.
- Within a high growth environment, maintain appropriate controls, forecasts and commercial analyses, ensuring timely and accurate reports and accounts, and through these assist the business in achieving its objectives.
Series B Fundraising
- Agree fundraising strategy and plan with CEO and the Board
- Supporting the CEO with financial modelling, decks and presentation
- Managing the process to build/monitor pipeline of potential investors
- Manage the due diligence process
- Support CEO with inputs, tactics and strategic advice through negotiation of term sheets through to completion
- Stakeholder management of Board and existing shareholder base
- Work closely with the commercial team to drive contracts through procurement and close
- Develop and iterate a robust pricing strategy
- Work with the executive team to constantly expand upon and iterate the company's business strategy
- Responsible for the effective management of stakeholder relationships including Investors and Bank
- Produce and maintain reporting systems including trend analysis and financial modelling
- Responsible for tracking and alerting the executive team to potential financial risks and uncertainty
- Responsible for tracking, analysing and monitoring financial performance metrics
- Establish and lead budgeting processes with executives which capture the full cycle through tracking performance against plan
- Working with the team to contribute financial insight on deals/projects, and to build a deep understanding of the company's economics
- Work with the executive team as a motivator, facilitator and driver for financial performance with the emphasis on cash in addition to profit
Operational finance management
- Provide full monthly management accounts and reports/KPIs to the CEO, COO & Board
- Manage the working capital of the business
- Maximise sales and margin opportunities
- Preparation of year-end audited accounts and audit management
- Manage the full accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll processes through an outsourced finance team
- Review and implement any additional financial controls/processes and compliance, including tax
- Provide ad hoc "what if" analysis and reports as required by the business
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Degree level educated
Skills, Knowledge and experience
- Strong interest and experience in technology, with the ability to work individually and scale a finance function with appropriate financial controls for the size and complexity of the business as it grows.
- Experience of venture fundraising and working in a technology/SaaS environment.
- Strong understanding of how value is created in an emerging technology company
- Team player, able to forge strong working relationships across the company
Salary c. £1,000 per day
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religious and political beliefs, education, socioeconomic background, disability, sexual orientation and geographical location to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.