Our client is a transport company, based in Croydon.
They are looking for someone to come in and join their team who is able to not just lead and direct the team, but also someone who is able to deliver Statutory and Management Reports. The accounting team approves a lot of supplier invoices, some specific to the industry, as well as dealing with some of the admin functions so you will need to be able to be adaptable and diverse in your day to day working.
Training will be given on the job, but some previous experience will help you to settle in and find your feet.
Main Expectations of the Ideal Finance Manager would be:
- Solid understanding of book-keeping and VAT fundamentals, core accounting concepts and general ledger structures
- Knowledge of foreign currency transactions.
- Month end, year-end and accruals processing experience.
- Experience in development and maintenance of accounting processes.
- IT proficiency.
- Some experience in team management.
- Great time management skills and ability to prioritise workloads.
- Ability to provide ad-hoc support to the team.
- Basic knowledge of HR in order to work with HR Dept and support external payroll company.