2501418 - UK Tax Manager (London, UK)
We're looking for a UK Tax Manager to join our UK Team.
The UK Tax team is responsible for ensuring that the UK tax affairs of Aon are tax efficient whilst at the same time compliant with all UK tax legislation. The role on the one hand manages the tax reporting and compliance cycle (oversight and sign-off on the work performed by the IST arrangement) while on the other hand works on the development, implementation and monitoring of tax planning, in particular any UK implications of overseas transactions.
This role will be aligned to / based at our London office however, there is flexibility to work from home.
Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
Your impact as UK Tax Manager:
- Review and sign-off on the UK tax positions in the local statutory accounts (IFRS) and the quarterly US GAAP reporting and address associated audit issues. Maintain a good relationship with the audit team (EY), being the main contact person from a tax perspective.
- Review and sign-off on UK and applicable international tax compliance information/returns prepared by IST team
- Responsibility for all Corporate Tax aspects of SAO, and coordination with other tax teams for preparation of annual filings
- Providing support to the Senior UK Tax Director in the development, implementation and monitoring of tax planning
- Providing input and help/manage modelling and forecasting of the different UK tax positions
- Leading the provision of advice on withholding tax queries to the business and assist with related withholding tax forms
- Identifying and implementing improvements to internal processes and controls
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with tax authorities and other relevant external parties, as well as internal stakeholders such as Controllership/FP&A community and the wider Tax Dept
- Providing accurate and timely technical support to other business units
- Keeping technical knowledge up to date and offer support to others where relevant
- Maintaining personal and professional development
- Understanding and following the Aon Leadership Model and take ownership of personal development
Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
- College or degree level further education or equivalent
- Qualified Accountant (ACA or equivalent) and/or qualified tax advisor (CTA or equivalent)
- Experience in UK corporation tax compliance
- Current knowledge of both US GAAP and IFRS tax accounting is strongly preferred
- Some experience of the operational aspects of withholding tax desirable
- Experience of Irish taxation beneficial but not required
- Prepared to meet a challenge and with a track record of managing change, delivering process improvements and results
- Skilled communicator within and across disciplines
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do.
We're happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we're happy to discuss options with you upon application