Position title: Accounts Assistant
Reports to: Accounts Supervisor
Department: UK Finance
Direct reports: None
The role is to provide accounts and administrative support to a fast-growing business; assisting the UK Finance team to be efficient and helping ensure all regular financial reporting is accurate and completed on time. The role also provides support for a variety of daily work processes and tasks involved in the day-to-day running of an office; including inbound telephone call management, office administration, and assistance to other teams as required.
1.Process invoices and credits on a daily basis
2.Investigate and resolve all customer queries with invoices and POD requests
3.Effective Credit Control including associated weekly reporting
4.Input of purchase ledger invoices on a daily basis using Sage Line 50 and, in time, Microsoft Dynamics
5.Process all expenses and ensure expense forms submitted to comply with the company policy
6.Post cash receipts and payments
7.Process stationery and office supplies orders on a regular process
8.Carry out general office duties; including first point of call for all queries by email and telephone
9.Assist colleagues within the Finance team with finance related activities
10.Provide support and cover for other team members' duties in their absence
Any other tasks, duties and account abilities appropriate to the job & position. The above points may change and evolve according to the needs of the business.
Knowledge and experience Some experience working within a Finance or Accounts team or office environment
* Competent with handling numbers and checking detail of invoices and other documents
* Ability to identify, investigate and resolve customer queries and problems
* Demonstrates an interest in numbers, figures and works confidently with a variety of data
* Ability to work accurately; using initiative to check work and correct errors
* Good attention to detail; whilst maintaining the ability to multi-task
* Organises work effectively; managing all regular tasks and meeting strict deadlines
* Confidence to deal with external stakeholders and suppliers; building and maintaining good working relationships
* Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
* Professional, helpful and confident telephone manner
* Excellent listening skills
* Good competency in all MS Office applications; with a good knowledge of Excel
* Desire and determination to develop and grow with the needs of the business.
Skills and behaviours
* Taking responsibility and achieving results - owns all personal actions; works hard to achieve individual responsibilities and set department goals.
* Customer focused - puts external and internal customers first; making sure to quickly and effectively solve customer problems
* Team player - actively participates as a member of the team and works towards team goals. Is supportive and helpful to others. Builds great relationships by being positive, enthusiastic and friendly
* Flexible and open to challenge - confident and energetic with a willingness to take on new and different activities
* Positive and professional work ethic - displays a positive 'can do' attitude; open and honest with others. Recognises the impact of one's behaviour; acknowledging and learning from mistakes without blaming others.
Along with your responsibilities and obligations as an employee, this forms part of your contract of employment.