Basic information Location London Service line Consulting Date published 10-May-2021 Req # 3902 Job description Your opportunity - Enterprise Technology and PerformanceWithin the Enterprise Technology & Performance practice, the Transformation Platforms team provides a market-differentiating capability.
Do you want to work with business leaders, and alongside some of the most creative thinkers in industry? Can you develop and deliver innovative and core technology solutions that transform the digital enterprise and maximise ROI? From strategy articulation and process design to technology enablement, we work together to simplify the complex; creating tangible value for our clients.We help CFOs drive value for their organisations across three dimensions:Finance Business Architecture: a team that looks to join together the enitre finance organisation across process, data, people and technology. Leading transformation programmes, often with a technology platform (SAP S/4 HANA, Oracle, Workday etc.). at the core, we use our extensive knowledge of the end-to-end finance organisation to re-imagine and realise our client's future finance operations.End-to-end Process Expertise: We have in-depth knowledge of core finance processes (R2R, O2C, P2P) and partner with our clients to transform the heart of the finance organisation. We assist clients to design a finance function that is powered by machines and new models of talent in order to maintain the relevance and competitiveness of Finance.
Project Management, Implementation & Business Adoption: encompasses activities required to lead and enable Finance Transformation projects, implementing and supporting the business adoption and readiness. We help CFOs assess what they need and should be doing today and how to prepare for tomorrow to drive change through their organisation.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role, we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.Your role
As a Manager within the Transformation Platforms team, you will have responsibility for the following:
Your work, your choice
- Design and implement changes to core finance process, technologies, teams and data to achieve real business outcomes.
- Address client business challenges, by defining transformation in the intersection of process, people, data and technology
- Communicating messages with clarity and confidence to drive business change and instil confidence in our client's finance teams
- Collect and analyse information to develop informed recommendations that shape or support the client's strategy
- Working with multiple cross functional teams to collaborate and deliver a high quality work product, from business cases to new process designs
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.Location:
UK NationwideWork pattern: This is a Permanent Full time contract opportunity. However, our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we will try to accommodate. Your professional experience
- Core finance understanding either from working in Industry or Professional Services (Consulting/Audit), with the ability to understand the interplay across the finance organisation
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent understanding of accounting and process optimsiation levers and how these are used to run and operate businesses
- Ability to shape options, influence and drive decision making derived from data, linked back to client's objectives
- Experience in leading and managing teams in a client facing environment, with skills in planning and managing workstreams against plan and budget
- Understanding of industry and technology trends and the impact they have on the finance organisation
- Experience in coordinating, communicating and working between the Finance and the Technical IT Teams
- Prior experience across several of the following:
- Fluency in end to end finance process and policy knowledge - Record to Report, Projects, Fixed Assets, Intercompany, Order to cash, Procure to pay, Cash Management, Planning & Budgeting, Management and Statutory Reporting.
- Evidenced proficiency in finance transformation projects in either Technology Implementation, Target Operating model, service delivery model or financial process redesign and automation
- Understand and shape the intersection between data, systems and process across Finance - and how these can be used in conjunction to deliver transformation outcomes
- Defining key reporting and information model dimensions and how these are used to run and operate a finance function
- Experience in managing / delivering Finance Systems Implementation projects - or agile experience in leading technology delivery
- Leading implementation of project-based transformation work, including senior stakeholder management.
- Driving finance change management and business adoption activities, including capability build, benefit tracking and business readiness
- Leading teams that gather client business requirements; supporting effective day to day client relationships
- Experience in managing the reconciliation of complex data sets, and driving the resolution of reconciliation differences and their root causes
- Experience within Robotic Process Automation, Cloud based technologies and working with the Finance function would be beneficial
Your service line: Consulting
- Experience working with core ERP and EPM technologies such as SAP, Oracle, Workday Financials, Onestream, Anaplan, Blackline
- Experience working with broader digital technologies that enhance the operations of a finance team
- Experience in the shaping BI, reporting and data visualisation to appropriately represent information and analysis
- Finance professional qualification such as (but not limited to): ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Leading a transformation team, that has worked to develop, improve or transform finance operations
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? it's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation. We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what We're looking for: