Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Senior Consultant in our Financial Crime, Regulatory Advisory team, you'll help make this happen. That will mean using your technical knowledge and client facing skills, working as part of a team to help clients make strategic and operational changes to their businesses. Working with some of the world's most prestigious firms, you will be an integral part of our team.
We're currently growing our Financial Crime, Regulatory Advisory team to help meet increasing demand as we have a number of large scale projects for some of the world's biggest financial services firms. With our support you'll be given opportunities to develop your skills by working on a range of projects with a variety of clients. Our engagements typically involve managing multiple stakeholders and require you to advise our clients using your knowledge and experience to provide the desired outcomes.
Your key responsibilities
- To work as part of a team to create valuable and practical insights for our clients, adapting methods and practices to fit their business needs
- Provide input into the development of innovative solutions to address complex financial crime risks and issues and help our clients meet global regulatory expectations
- Assess clients' financial crime systems and controls against regulatory expectations and industry practice, including identifying gaps
- Assist with the formulation of detailed reports and making recommendations for improvement
Skills and attributes for success
- A clear understanding of the strategic implications of financial crime regulation
- The ability to effectively implement a variety of regulatory directives
- Skilled at building relationships with colleagues across the business, supporting them and promoting a collaborative culture
- A background in change or transformational projects
To qualify for the role you must have
- Functional knowledge of the UK and European financial crime regulatory environment (with knowledge of the global environment an advantage)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
- AML and/or Sanctions work experience/ professional qualification preferred. Knowledge of other areas of financial crime areas would also be beneficial
- Sound technical knowledge of financial services businesses and products
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to work with a variety of stakeholders at all levels
- A real desire to work as part of a team
- Strong academic background, ideally to a degree level or equivalent
- Flexibility to travel and work full-time on assignments, as necessary
Ideally, you'll also have
- A background in a financial crime advisory or first line operational role within the financial services industry and/or in a client facing consulting role
- Experience of working with law enforcement, or a regulatory or governmental body such as the FCA, HMT or equivalent body in another country
- Experience helping firms to deliver change programmes or recognise efficiencies in their operating model through implementing process or technology enhancements
What we are looking for
You'll be a trusted business advisor to our clients, specialising in regulatory matters. You will have strong experience of financial crime activities and will have been involved in change projects and transformational projects. You will have a solid background in AML and Sanctions and will enjoy working in a collaborative and teaming environment.
Responsibilities, Qualifications, Certifications - External
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!