Basic information Location Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Reading Service line Risk Advisory Date published 10-May-2021 Req # 4960 Job description Your opportunityAs our Risk Advisory business continues to grow, we have an opportunity for a Payments Manager to join our established payments team within our Financial Services practice.
The Payments industry is experiencing unprecedented levels of change as a result of technological and business model change, the advent of PSD2 and Open Banking, new FinTech challengers and major changes to the UK and Europe's payment scheme infrastructures, and it is therefore an area of increasing strategic importance to our clients.In light of increased market demand we are seeking to grow our Payments Risk team. We are seeking individuals with the drive, leadership and vision to help deliver our current portfolio of payments risk advisory and assurance engagements with a range of clients from the largest global financial services companies, payments schemes, major corporates and smaller emerging payments players. We are looking for high performing professionals that can also help us develop our market offerings and develop our practice further.Our Payments Risk team works with organisations to help assess the critical risks and challenges facing their payments businesses and operations. Our specialists help our clients to manage and mitigate their payments risks, embed change within their payments IT and operations functions, understand the impact of regulation and emerging innovations, and address the challenges facing their businesses.If you have experience of Payments Risk either from Industry or Professional Services, we would like to speak to you.Our Payments Risk team sits within our Technology and Digital Risk function, which is part of the Deloitte Risk Advisory practice. Risk Advisory is one of the fast growing teams in Deloitte and therefore we can offer unrivalled career growth and learning opportunities.Our principle work areas are:
- IT Risk Management
- Project Risk Management
- IT Internal Audit
- IT Governance
- Digital Risk Management
- Operational Resilience
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.Your role
Your work, your choice
- Delivering and managing a wide range of client engagements which could include payments assurance, controls and regulatory reviews, business operations process reviews, technology and IT architecture reviews, change and project management, regulatory implementation support, financial crime reviews, enhancing compliance capabilities and supporting clients to understand the impact of new innovations.
- Managing junior resources to deliver engagements, and developing their skills through training and knowledge sharing.
- Building a network of internal and client contacts in the Payments area
- Budgeting and oversight of engagement financials
- Building payment propositions within cross-service line teams to engage our clients
- Development of proposals to obtain new business
- Developing our Payments Risk portfolio, by supporting business development, practice management and thought leadership activities
- Gaining experience of various Payments technologies and innovations and understanding/managing risks associated with these.
- Monitoring market developments and keeping up to date with the latest Payments developments.
- Running training activities to train other staff in payments skills.
- Supporting our other Technology & Digital Risk propositions (as described below).
- Coordinating engagements and knowledge sharing across the wider Deloitte firm and internationally.
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak with us about the working pattern that works best for you.Location:
London or Regional OfficesWork pattern: This is a permanent opportunity. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate.Your professional experience
For this role you will have:
- Strong academics in relevant degree.
- Strong experience in working in Payments and related projects, or within a Payments orientated business.
- A proactive mind-set, with the ability to take responsibility and drive key actions forward.
- The ability to think creatively, generate innovative ideas, challenge the status quo and deliver effectively with what can often be ambiguous requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to aid effective interaction with senior clients and stakeholders.
- Experience of managing junior staff.
- Experience of managing budgets.
Experience in several of following areas:
Your service line: Risk Advisory
- Experience in a risk, audit, technical, operational or product capacity in relation to payments within a Bank, Payments Processor, Payment Service Provider or Scheme.
- An understanding of payments schemes such as CHAPS, BACS, Faster Payments, SWIFT, SEPA etc.
- An understanding of Card Schemes.
- An understanding of payment regulations and their implications on regulated entities, for example, PSD2, Interchange Fee Regulation and the SWIFT Customer Security Programme.
- Emerging payment technologies and trends such as Open Banking, Blockchain/Distributed Ledger Technology, mobile payments and FinTech.
- Strong technical abilities in IT and operational risk methodologies.
- Experience of implementation of payment controls.
- Experience working with Payments bodies, schemes and central banks such as SWIFT, Pay.UK and Bank of England.
In Risk Advisory, our thinking and actions give clients, our people and society the confidence to grow responsibly in a rapidly changing world. We don't just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, you'll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line.Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm.The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.About DeloitteOur Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for.
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
RTWPROG CFTECH WPFULL SLRSKA LOCREA LOCCAR LOCBIR LOCMAN LOCLEE LOCNEW LOCEDI LOCGLA LOCBRI